Chapter 9

I was enjoying my beautiful sleep until, someone starts knocking at my door. I get off my bed and the clock says 5:30. I knew the school had called my mom and told her what happened. I got out of my bed and went to unlock my door. When I opened the a person I did not expect to see was standing there.

"Dad!" I yelled and I jumped on him rapping my legs around him.

"Nix be quiet Taylor doesn't know I'm here, but where's your mom?" My dad was so so strong he could carry me and Taylor. He was at least 5ft 8in. He was very handsome, he was 5 years younger than my mom.

"What are you doing here! Oh and mom I don't know, but when I came home from school I went straight upstairs." I said as I closed the door and we sat on my bed.

"I was supposed to be gone for 2 weeks but the company had a malfunction and I got sent home early, do you have and idea of where your mom could be?" Dad has this desperate look like he needed to talk to my mom.

"The office maybe?" She never left her office, The James Firm, she always had a new case or was looking for one.

"No I already called but I guess we'll have to wait for the morning but how about you skip school tomorrow and we go do something together, some father, children time eh?" My dad was a better parent than my mom, even if he was always miles away he always called, emailed, and asked about us.

"Wait your asking me to skip, I don't know I think Jules would get mad at me and Cal..." Oh shot he didn't know about Caleb yet.

"Jules will understand and who Cal ,Caleb? is that the boy your mom told me about the one who your mom wants him to date, that girl with the big nose?" Ha I knew she had a big nose but no one agreed with me.

"Yes yes her and I don't agree with her because,.....
CalebandIaredating," It came out like one glued sentence.

"Your what?"

"Caleb and I are dating!" he looked at me and gave me a look my mother would never give me.

"Honey, congratulations since when?" His smile was so wide. For once someone was happy that I was happy.

"Sunday night, but we started talking since Friday and I turns out we liked each other since 8th grade. mom gave me a whole different response." I still didn't even want to talk to my mother.

"Why she disapproves?"

"Yea, she says she wants him to be happy and we got into this fight on our way to school and I don't know she just seems distant I don't even know?" I was worried about her.

"How long has that been going on?" Why was he all of a sudden interested?

"Like for 3 months ever since you took that trip to New Mexico." OMG I knew what it was but don't want to believe, could my mom be cheating. I just put my head down.

"Dad I'm really sleepy about why happen yesterday at school so can I go to sleep?"

"What happened yesterday at school ? oh you mean that girl yea I got a phone call, alright I'll let you sleep and you need to decide if your gonna "skip" tomorrow, okay" he said while I got I'm my covers and he closed the door.

I was really sore about having a 150 pound person on my chest for almost 30 minutes. so I'll skip.

I had a long nice dream until someone jumps on me.

"Dads here, he's home. Dads home!" Taylor was jumping on my bed and screaming his lungs out.

" I Know, gosh get off my bed you animal!" I said joking. Taylor was annoying but he was all I had Mom was always "busy" and dad was at work. He is great company though.