Chapter Five - Aftermath

When she moved, she was met with a rough surface and warmth. It was disorienting. When she realized it surrounded her, she tried not to panic.

She immediately opened her eyes and found Mr. Kendal strung across her body and holding her close to his. He was also very much naked. That coupled with a foreign stiffness made her swallow as she realized that last night hadn't been a dream.

Denali very slowly and calmly moved his arm, then leg from him. She averted her eyes as she slowly got up off the bed and retrieved her clothes.

She found her underwear, pants, shirt, and bra, then slowly made her way out the open door. As soon as she was in the hallway, she breathed a sigh of relief and ducked into the nearest bathroom to change.

Even with her human nose, she could smell the scent of sex that clung to her. She immediately jumped into the shower when she got back to her room. She then scrubbed herself until her skin was nearly raw. The last thing she wanted was for him to smell it on her, or worse, Xena to smell it and realize what had happened.

She still couldn't believe what she had done. She had liked him so much more then she had realized until he had touched her. She couldn't deny what they had done either. She had found the evidence dried on the side of her leg.

She was a virgin no more and she wasn't sure how she felt about that. She had planned on trying it one day, but she had meant it to happen after she was out of school and could explore that side of herself more. Why did she like him so? She had dreamed of being with him but thought it only an outlet from the stress.

She shook her head as she forced herself to focus on what was important. She had another final to do today and she wasn't going to be late. This one was more important and was about content that she was not as confident about.

She got out of the shower, praying he wouldn't smell her. She had heard that the male's scent was more acute thanks to their wolves. She just hoped the rumors were wrong or her perfume would be enough to mask her scent. She had only a little left but saw this as a desperate time.

More of her things had gone missing, this time her clothing, but she had little time to dwell on it. She grabbed her bag but gave up on her school ID when it was nowhere to be found. She knew she had it on when she had got home yesterday.

She made it to school with no incidents and suspected Mr. Kendal was still sleeping off all the alcohol he had drank. Even with faster metabolism, it was going to take time for him to recover. If she was lucky, he wouldn't remember what happened, but why did the thought make her heart ache.

Her confidence was a lot lower for this final, but she blamed it on it being her harder class. After school got out, she went to town and got a bite to eat, telling herself she wasn't avoiding going home.

When it started to get dark, she sighed as she accepted that she couldn't hide for forever. When she got back, she found more of the staff had left. Xena had apparently been after them every day when she was at school.

Takota was sitting in the living room reading when she came in. She almost instantly knew he had been waiting for her when he put down his book and rose. She immediately swallowed nervously when he did.

"We need to talk." He said firmly to her, without looking at her. She followed him quietly, feeling like a kid that was caught with their hand the in the cookie jar.

She followed him into his office where he immediately pulled something out of his pocket and dropped it on the counter. It was her school ID. So, that had been why she hadn't been able to find it. She hesitantly took it back, still not looking him in the face. From shame?