~1 past~

Past 

4 years ago

"Stop", I whisper, "please. I'm sorry. Don't do this. Stop."

I lay flat on my stomach as shots of pain ripple from my ankles running along my spine. I struggle on the floor as I hear her little moans and whimpers of pain. My mind feels fogging like I'm slipping in and out of consciousness. STAY AWAKE. I plead at my body to move. GET UP RITA.

I scream before I process the situation. It was like my body already knew and acted before I could even think. It was like someone had ripped out my eardrums. And as the blood from my wounds leak out onto the concert floor, I break. Teardrops come sliding down my face just like the water on the windows after a storm. Except this time, I was in the middle of it. And I knew I wasn't getting out no matter how much I ran away. 

Present 

"RI...RIRI...RITA VALENTINA ARGENTO SNAP OUT OF IT" I hear a soothing but seemingly angry voice yell out.

Looking up, still dazzled in my thoughts unaware of my surroundings. As I push my mind back to reality I see Francesco's face frowning at me.

"Huh... why are you here?" he let out a sigh and looked at me with that expression before hiding it away, coming back to his regular carefree self. 

"You were thinking of her...weren't you?" I look away from the forest view and turn to him.

"No", I lie. "I wasn't".

"You look pretty when you lie Rita". 

"Let's go we have work that has to be done", I change the subject walking off. Francesco lets out a heavy sigh and follows behind like we're playing follow the leader or something.

"Does she always have to be so disagreeable ", he whispers under his breath but being the mature person I am I decided to ignore him and continue to walk. 

-

Sweat drips down my face as the sound of my fist clashing with the punching bag echoes. My energy is running low and feels like I'm just about ready to pass out and evaporate. From the corner of my eye, I could see Francesco leaning against the wall watching me.

"Stalker much". I step back exhaling, jumping over the ring walking toward Francesco who had a grin on his face probably because my punches weren't as precise nor accurate as usual.

I give him a side eye which he simply laughed at. 

"Only for you princess", he says throwing a towel over my head. 

I grab my water bottle and start chugging it down easing the burning in my throat. I don't even glance at him as I know his face would only provoke me into punching it. And trust me it's truly a punchable face.

"We need to work on your stamina and speed", I nodded at him. Brother and father didn't send me here so I could slack off and return weak and useless. In the world I live in, there is always going to be someone more powerful than me. However, I was not born to be below anyone. Rita Valentina was not born to be a step below the podium.

:)