Music ~4

~Y/n~

Well, that wasn't awkward at all. Thanks, Teruhashi for that.

I continued to walk down the hall, checking the numbers on the doors for the music room.

*Knock knock*

"Hello?" I call softly pulling the door open.

When no one answered, I walked into the room, calling out for anyone again but like before, no one answered. I dropped my bag at the door, walking and spinning to get a full look at my new surroundings. It was a simple music room. Violins, Cellos, Guitars, and a Grand piano. None of the lights in the room were on, the large window on the far wall being the only source of light. I walked over to the Grand piano, running my fingers over the keys and collecting a thin layer of dust. I looked out the large window at the green grounds behind the school, watching the wind sway the trees and grass before turning my attention back to the Grand piano next to me. I placed my right hand lightly over the F, C and F keys and softly pushed the keys down to form the beginning of a familiar melody. I jerked my hand away when the notes echoed loudly throughout the whole room. I surveyed around me one more time before looking back at the piano. I walked toward the classroom door and poked my head out to look around the corridor before pulling back and closing the door, this should limit the sound to this room and not disturb anyone else. I headed for the piano and sat down. I ran my fingers down the keys before resting them and taking a deep breath. I pushed down on the keys once more and the sweet sounds they produced filled my ears. I smiled, continuing to play the rushed chords. I was so caught up in the keys and music I didn't notice the door open and the people who walked in, but I was suddenly made aware when I got to the lower part of my song. As I played the first notes, it was silent, but once I got to the chorus, I heard the addition of other musical instruments. The combined result was beautiful, and I continued to play before my eyes widened and I pulled my fingers from the piano, killing the song.

"Aww man, you were supposed to continue!" A short girl with pink hair in two pigtails whined pulling the violin from her shoulder.

She hunched over with a sad frown before a taller girl with red hair walked up behind her.

"Hush Touka, Sorry, we must have given you a fright." The redhead smiled.

"Yeah, a little." I stand, stepping out from the piano chair.

"I just wanted to play too, you play so well." 'Touka' whined again, dropping her head all the way.

"Um thank you!" I smiled rubbing the back of my neck.

"I'm Miko by the way," Red hair stuck her hand out.

I shook her hand before she spoke again.

"You already know Touka," Little pink hair smiled and waved.

"Then we have Pyper and Leeda" Miko pointed to a short brunette girl and a short blonde girl.

Both waved and holding the instrument they were going to use to play with.

"You, you were all going to join in?" I gesture to their instruments.

"Yeah, I mean, it's been a while so we might be a bit rusty but, if you want to-" Leeda said fiddling with her guitar.

"No that's ok, I've never played with anyone but my brother, are you sure." I ask fidgeting with my fingers.

All the girls looked at each other, they all had hard expressions and I became a little nervous, but then they all turned to me and smiled.

"Let's do this" Miko nodded.