ch. I

:・゚ *:・゚ *:・゚
CHAPTER ONE
━━✦🐳🌊🌧

PLEASE COMMENT / VOTE
IF YOU LIKE MY BOOK

THE PLOT STARTS IN 2016,
BUT THE BEGINNING IS
  A FEW YEARS PRIOR

The azure, beryl orbs rise up from the horizon, spreading its magnificent rays of darkness everywhere

The azure, beryl orbs rise up from the horizon, spreading its magnificent rays of darkness everywhere. The brightness of the day lost once again and parts away like a defeated king giving up his thrown.

By day, this café is the color of a babyish coral and small hues of lemon, it has that soothing look. Meanwhile, the soft music pours out of the music-box along with the refreshing aroma of coffee and all kinds of tea.

But now, it's almost night, and the light of the day has been replaced by the unrelenting tangerine of the sunset.

She takes in a deep breath, sucking in the air that carries a hint of exhaustion and lacks the heavy odor of soft coffee.

"Sandara!" Someone with a male voice yells from the kitchen, which is located right next to the eating place of the café. "Clean the tables, sweetheart. Then, you're done!"

There's a sigh coming from the small girl, then a nod from her low-hanging head. "Will do," she mumbles with a tint of tiredness, but more to herself than to her father.

While following her father's order, she hums a soft melody to herself. Her voice is smooth, clear, and quiet, yet also powerful. Soothing, in a way.

You don't really call someone's voice beautiful, but hers is. It is the promise of tomorrow. It is beautiful, and the people listening to it wish that she would never stop.

Which also includes the man sitting in the far back of the comfortable café. He enjoys listening to her soothing voice whilst he's sipping on his coffee, feeling quite mesmerized.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but we're closing now," says Sandara, who is now standing in front of the man's table, a tired smile on her lips. "I hope you enjoyed your meal, and I can pack something if you'd like more."

"There's no need to," he replies, smiling politely. All of a sudden, he stands up, his actual short height hovering over her tiny figure. "But I would like to admit that I admire your voice. Did you ever think of becoming an Idol?"

As soon as the word 'Idol' drops, a tall boy, his facial features looking like a male version of Sandara, enters the café from the back of the room with swift steps.