4

I hear a bing from my phone. I check it out.

Chara : Wanna hang today?

Y/N : Sure, I'll come over rn

Chara : 😀

This is all so new and weird to me. Chara, THE Chara Dreemurr, wants to be friends with me, Y/N Dreemurr, a Prestige who wants to defy Chara's rule and stop the insane timeline continuum.

But I already said I'm going, so I head over there. They grin at me. "Hey! Wanna go grab some coffee?" I nod and then look at them. "Won't people recognize you?"

Chara winks and pulls up a tab, some sort of code. They tap around it until they look completely different, with green eyes, dirty blonde hair, and a purple and blue sweater. "Let's go!" They peppily squeak.

My face melts into a smile. Aww, that squeak was so adorable! But my smile is quickly wiped off my face when I remember this is a murderer we're talking about.

They grab my hand, and their hand warms mine. We go to the Prestige coffee shop. "Hi, what can I get you?" A coded coffee worker asks. Chara says "One latte with 3 shots of chocolate syrup, please."

The worker stares at Chara. "Hm, I don't think I've seen you around before. Do you have an I.D.?" Chara surprisingly pulls out a card that says "Maria Dreemurr. Rank : Prestige."

They nod and Chara puts their fake I.D. away. "Anything else?" The worker politely asks. I stare at the menu and reply "A Matcha Frappuccino and two Chocolate Croissants, please."

The coffee worker nods and replies "I'll be back with your orders shortly." We then take a seat at a little booth by the window.

"Chara?" I ask. They look up from staring out the window. "Maria," they correct. "Yeah, Sorry. Maria. Do you really want to be my friend?"

Chara stares deeply into my ruby eyes. "Who wouldn't," they softly say with a tone of sincerity. I tilt my head ever so slightly. What does that mean?

I just shrug it off. "I have another question," I tell them. They chuckle. "Alright, what is it?" I inhale and blurt "Do you enjoy being around Frisk?"

Their eyes widen at the question. They stare at their palms. "Don't tell anyone," they say under their breath, "But I do. In fact, sometimes I wish I could just let them live happily. But that's crazy coming from me, right?"

My eyes now are the ones to widen. I reach out and put a hand comfortingly on their shoulder. "I won't tell a soul," I promise. Inside, I'm somewhat dancing in joy. Chara's somehow having similar thoughts to mine, this could work in my favor!

Another worker comes with our orders, and Chara tosses them the money. Makes sense, seeing as they own the place. We eat and enjoy the food while chatting. But just to be polite, I say "You don't have to pay."

Chara shakes their head. "I have a TON of money, might as well use it." They laugh. Chara then says "We'd both better head to work, huh? I'll see you later, Y/N."

I turn and smirk. "Bye, Maria," I snark. They laugh and I grin. I pull up my "Enter," and enter the game.

F/N is sitting around in the lobby, waiting for me to press "Continue." I wave and trot over. "Hey, F/N. I have something important to tell you!"

They turn to me. "What is it?" They inquire. I grin while telling "Chara feels the same way about Frisk as I do with you." Their eyes widen. "No joke?" They ask in disbelief. I shake my head and reply "No joke."

F/N hugs me and I hug back. "I might be able to get my happy ending," I hear them mumble. I pull away and smile warmly at them. "Well then, let's get you to the surface, huh?"

They nod with a look of determination crossing their face, and we enter together, once again, just like yesterday, I watch them like a movie befriending everyone.

And finally, they reach the surface. That's when a thought crosses my head.

What will happen if I refuse to reset?