Chapter 3: Mr.Mara

Karen's p.o.v

"Oh my God! Who are you?!" I looked at him with a little bit of scared in my eyes, holding onto my towel tighter, around my body.

"I'm Mr.Mara. Your father hired me today." Ohhhh. It's him. But wasn't he supposed to start tomorrow?

"Aren't you supposed to start you job tomorrow? I heard you and my father speaking about it this morning. He's loud."

He looked up at me, staring, kind of making me want to go and hide. He nodded slowly at me. "Yea...I was supposed to but he called me back. And yes, he is loud."

I nodded, and looked down at the floor. This was kind of awkward.

"So uhhhh...Why are you here?" He looked up at me, from the ground, and let a small smile slip on to his face.

"Your father told me to take you shopping at the mall. He said it's the first, and easiest way to see if I'll be any good at this job." I've never been shopping with any of my fathers assistants before.

"I've never gone shopping with someone in your job position." He looked at me confused. "What do you mean? He said you do all the time."

I let out a fake, fake laugh. "Ha! He told you that? That's a good one! I haven't been shopping before. I haven't even been to a store. My father made me stay at home all the time while he screamed at me to do shit and to stop begging for attention."

His mouth formed an O shape. "Really...? You've never been shopping before?" I shook my head.

"Nope. My father always sent some lady to go and get things for me. Even to get me panties and bras. I cant even go get that for myself."

I could see Mr.Mara's cheeks turn a slight shade of pink.

"Oh um...ok. Well anyways, from what I know, we're going to the mall and I have to buy you whatever you want."

Ok, what the hell is my father up to now? Like he's never made any of his assistants do this with me before, my alone talk to me.

"Ummmm what? This must be some sort of mistake. My father never lets me go to the store. And he never lets his assistants talk to me or buy me things."

I was starting to raise my voice cause I knew my father was up to something. He never lets me do shit and I'm literally a fucking adult. Like shit, I'm surprised he hasn't screamed and spit all up in my face yet today.

I watched Mr.Mara as he got up from the edge of my bed and came over to me. He looked into my eyes, and I looked into his as he made his way over. "Hey..It's ok. Calm down. Don't focus on your dad right now ok? How about you just get dressed, do whatever you have to do and then I'll take you to the mall, and we'll get you whatever you would like? How does that babe? That ok?"

I avoided eye contact with him as I felt my cheeks go hot. He just called me babe. And my stomach feels like it's in circles. I've never felt like this before.

"Karen?! Are you listening?" I nodded my head. "Yea, yea sorry. I'll go get ready than we can leave." "Ok." He smiled at me softly and reached his arm out to give it a light squeeze, while looking into my eyes.

"Kiss me." I quickly said, looking into his cute brown eyes.