Ordinary Day

Alright. You already know I'm dead so let me get ya up to speed. I'm a Vanishing Shock Trooper. I work for a large intergalactic empire called 'The Domain'. Yeah. Such a creative name am I right? Anyways, it's my job to spy, extract, terminate, or incapacitate high value targets and I'm only 19 Earth years old!

        Getting sidetracked. A few months ago I was just having an ordinary day. By ordinary day, I mean kicking ass, taking names. Oh, and getting into some sort of gunfight, in some crazy place, on some random planet, in some whacky galaxy in this shithole we call a universe.

     This 'Ordinary Day' was actually a good one for once. I had a target in some super fancy zero gravity night club that I needed to buy some weapons from and I got to wear that really cool dress that my mother had given me before the usual cliché origin story happened to me. Got kidnapped, given intense training and augmentations, blah blah. You get it.

      As I walked through the entrance, I looked up and saw so many people dancing in the Zero-G Fields and it looked like they were having the time of their lives! I looked over to the bar and that's when I saw my partner who was wearing his adorably stupid green coat. "Hey there, Green!" Yes. I know. I said that.

      Look for some reason that sexy, handsome, adorable idiot chose the code name Green and for some reason, New Tokyo, The Domain's closest ally, allowed him to use it. Like, seriously? That codename is so goddamn obvious! Even a Demonic Guinea Pig could figure it out and all those things know how to do is, eat, sleep, kill some unlucky person, and sleep some more!

Green just gave me that typical grin of his and replied, "Hey there, Leena. You look good!" "Well someone has to be the showstopper here". I looked at the drink in his hand and I couldn't help but laugh. Whiskey. He's a 21 year old guy in an exotic club in the Andromeda Galaxy and they knew how to serve him whiskey.

"So are we gonna dance or what?" I asked with a grin on my face, "The big bad Green isn't nervous of this frail damsel, Leena is he?~" I always tease him when I get the chance but he always has a comeback, "A frail damsel that can kill twenty heavily armed guards in three minutes is no frail damsel at all, tough girl~".

These little flirts were normal for us. Keeping things platonic and professional? Fuck that! I mean, when you're often times stuck sharing a hotel room for months with the only individual who isn't going to shoot at you, then I'm pretty sure you're gonna become close to them. Besides, it's not like we had romantic feelings for each other- At the time at least.

I lead him over to a platform that lit up when the two of us set foot on it. When I told him to look down, I felt his grip on my hand tighten. It was a long way down and I could tell he was nervous. Green tends to give a really REALLY big glare at things he's afraid of but we jumped nonetheless. It took a bit for our fall to slow down and eventually we began to rise up into the Zero-G fields.

Let me tell you this right now, Zero-G fields are quite possibly the most fun places to be if you're looking for a good time. He was laughing, I was laughing, and we were spinning. It felt like everything was a blur while we did the craziest duo dance moves imaginable! Then we both came to a halt as we noticed our target sitting in a booth, looking at the menu. Time for me to shine.

I gently pushed off of Green and landed on the platform before sitting in front of the target. He was a Sheekan. "Well you're a pretty one, for a human at least". "Actually I'm Terran, not a human. We just look similar". I did my best to keep my voice from shaking.

Look, Sheekans are fucking terrifying okay? They are nine and a half feet tall six armed humanoid creatures, with these HUGE eyes and a very large jaw and snout with what are basically knives for teeth. They could rip your head off with a good smack from one of their huge muscular arms!

I remember when the Domain was at war with them a few years back. It was a humiliating defeat as the Sheekans blasted through Domain defenses and absolutely burned our Fleets. The Domain sued for peace before New Tokyo could even mobilize their forces.

"Oh? A Terran? I Heard most of you were gone". "Yeah well IT did a good job of making sure the Pure Terrans were wiped out thoroughly enough so that they couldn't protect us". I grumbled before clearing my throat, "I got the credits, you got the bio weapons. We got a deal?" "Deal". Both of us exchanged cases, checked to make sure it was authentic and then parted ways.

Green then proceeded to shoot and kill the target and get the money back. It wasn't long before the entire club erupted into one bigass firing range. Yep. An ordinary day.