Chapter 5: A sin's backstory

"Miss MapleBook? Where have you been?" Aunt Lillie asked. I told her I have something that the pope told about the secret cave."Ah, I see what your talking about." Aunt Lillie admitted. She told me to follow me, and I followed her. She open the door to the basement and walked the stairs. The door opened then I saw a huge cave painting about the whole deadly sins' backstory. 

"Pride was born in a hard life with only his mother until he got killed by his mother because she was too famous for him at the age of 17, his soul was about to go to the heavens but got captured and dragged down to hell. He suffered about almost 3 years until he became vicious and take anyone's lives, including his mother. When he's about to take a child's life, the pope of Tackle-Derry Town came to the rescue and petrified the Pride with a cockatrice." Aunt Lillie told me the story. 

I gulped a bit and asked her,"What happened to his father?" She told what happen to them,"The father got divorce when Pride was born but worried about Pride at the same time." I felt bad for his father but I still hate Mexi for taking over my hometown. I went up stairs and go to my room.

"Hey Sally! How's work?" Roger asked,"It's okay." I replied. I sat on my bed, then I saw my brother coughing and wrapped in his blanket. I got scared that my brother might have the illness or something because I can tell he's shivering and stuff.

"Frank! What's wrong?" I asked,"I-I'm s-si-sick..." He stuttered. Eva & Ava went in the room the take care of him. I asked them,"How did my brother got sick?" They replied,"He was taking a walk with auntie, but then, he wonders off by himself and got himself infected outside of the barrier...". 

I was scared that i'm gotta loose my brother like this, he's just too young to die. But at the same time, i'm glad my aunt dragged him in the barrier. 

I notice he's not wearing his clothes, he's wearing like a cloth around his waist and without shirt, and he has small black dots coming out from his back. I heavily breath and pray to god to make my brother okay."Dear lord and savior, please make my brother okay, he got the plague all by himself, please cure my brother, thank you, Amen." My brother start to shiver more,"It's okay Frank, you'll be okay soon." Eva & Ava said. I can hear my brother crying because the plague hurts too much.

"We'll be right back" Eva and Ava decided. They went out of my room to get something. I went up to my brother and pat him that everything's is gotta be alright then he turned to face me. I noticed the suspicious purple thing on his forehead. I lift it up and saw what it looks like his third-eye."M-My third... Eye..." Frank whispered in fear. He coughed and the third-eye moves, I pulled my hand off from Frank's forehead after I saw that."Sis, The witch...!" Frank panicked. 

I turned around but nothing's there except a chair and a table. I told him that there's nothing there but he told me this,"No! I mean't inside the church!" I told him again that there's nothing there and then, he told me to look at his third-eye. 

I looked at it and saw a glimpse of Mexi sitting on a throne while there's a lot of people hanged and Melly and other nuns praying from the sides. I hold my mouth after I saw it,"See...? Our home..! Our home's is about to take over...!" Frank asked. I gasped and had to go back to Tackle-Derry town to save my home but the sky is dark, so I had to go to sleep and get ready.

To be continued...