Skyhawk Lovestory

I was walking with my dog in the forest near my little house. It was early in the morning and Captain was already sniffling around, I loved the smell of the wet leaves. As we walked back home, Captain had a large stick in his mouth and looked very proud.

With a cup of coffee, I went outside to the porch. The sunlight hit my skin and it was a good feeling since the last two weeks were raining all the time. It's pleasurable weather. I decided to start doing my chores in the garden, so I went back to the kitchen and put my mug in the sink.

Back outside I began to fan the leaves together. I liked the noise of the brown autumn leaves when they crunch. My garden looked nice as the time passed by after I put the leaves in the pile and I smiled that I have done a great job. I whistled Captain to come here and he rushed to the pile of leaves. I smiled at the sight of my brown dog jumping around the leaves and trying to catch them.

But suddenly he started to bark and howl, I couldn't understand why and tried to calm him down until I heard a weird sound with a slight vibration. It sounded like an aeroplane but the planes don't fly in this area.

I looked up into the sky but I couldn't see anything because the sunlight blinded me. So I tried to follow the sound of the sound and saw how it headed in my direction. My eyes grew wide when I noticed it was crashing down because the propellers were turned down.

"Captain, here!", I demanded and the both of us ran into the house to stay safe.

As I felt the plane crash into my land plot, I hurried outside with a fire extinguisher to prevent a big fire. I saw how the pilot opened the door and immediately crashed onto the meadow. I looked around to see if the plane caught flames but it hasn't, it had just broken its wings. I threw the extinguisher away and kneeled to the pilot and checked his pulse since he was unconscious until he groaned and opened his eyes.

I noticed that the pilot was a handsome man with messy brown hair and ocean blue eyes. I was speechless as he said the first words.

"Pardon me, my lady. My turbines failed and I had to make an emergency landing I thought this was a safe place since there's no civilisation in this wilderness. But when I saw your house it was already too late to break off my landing."

I remained silent and helped him to get up. He slung his arm around my shoulder and we walked into my house together. I sat him on a chair in the kitchen and gave him a glass of water. I walked away to the bathroom and came back with an emergency kit.

I put some Betadine on a q-tip and brushed the blood from his soft pink lips away. He hissed a little bit and calmed down quickly. I commanded Captain to bring me a pack of ice and he sat down next to me.

"Now give it to the nice man, Captain.", I said and the pilot took it gladly and put it over his head.

"Thank you, beautiful lady. What's your name? I'm Joe.", he asked and took a sip of his cold water.

"I'm Charlotte. Can I call someone for you?", I questioned and handed him my phone.

He took it and dialled a number but didn't call somebody. He handed me back and saw that he gave me his number. I smiled and I felt sparks in my finger. Captain barked because he noticed that I got nervous and I trained him to be a therapy dog.

"And you must be Captain. Probably a better Captain than I am.", he said and patted him on his head.

"Joe? Was that a Cessna 172?", I questioned and pointed to the broken small white plane and he nodded.

"To be more specific. It's a Cessna 172S Skyhawk SP. How'd you know?"

"Even though I'm far away from town, airport or just civilisation. I can be a fan of aeroplanes.", I smiled and sat next to him at the dining table.

"And as for you pretty woman. I spoke out a mayday already. They will be on their way already and after this, I'd be happy if you would say yes for a date.", he said cheeky and made me blush.

Of course, I said yes and we went on many dates. One after the other, each date was more romantic than the other. One day Joe brought me to the small airport in the next town. We had a nice picnic with candles and everything. The captain was sleeping next to us as I was in Joe's arms and watched the aeroplanes landing. I was so fascinated by the Airbus 380 and Joe noticed that. He explained everything about that Airbus until he moved. I looked up to the stars and smiled until all of a sudden Joe went down on one knee and a small box in his hand.

"Charlotte Johnson. I love you since I crashed down to you and every day I'm amazed by you. You're like the sky. For many people, the sky is the limit, but for me, the sky is home. And my heart is at home when I'm with you. I'd love to spend the rest of my life on an adventure with you as my wife. Will you marry me?", he asked and I jumped up and shouted yes.

"And this honey is how mommy and your big brother met your daddy.", I told until I got interrupted by my kids.

"Hey, mom. Are you serious? You're telling the story to our dog instead of us?", Mason said and the whole family laughed.