Chapter One: Dusk

Author's Song of the Chapter: World War Me by Theory of a Deadman

Grimreaper11285's Song of the Chapter: Your Betrayal by Bullet For My Valentine

My name is Dusk and I am what your world today describes as a Werewolf, however, I am no medieval Werewolf, and this is no medieval Werewolf story. I am what is known as the Hellhound. Being the Hellhound my life's story is a little gruesome as I have faced many trials, trials that have made me into the wolf and woman that I am today. Trials, it is such a simple word that doesn't suit the story of me. On that note I'd rather not start my story off with more blood than is necessary, instead, I choose to start with the truth. I am an eighteen-year-old Hellhound who has lived most of her life, thus far, in wolf form in the forest I was supposed to grow up in.

...

I jolt awake, my claws slashing through the night air as the after-effects of the nightmare shake me. I tremble as I finally regain control of my body functions while convincing myself that the nightmare is no longer a reality. The cavern floor beneath me is warm and damp as dew drips from the entrance as the moon rises into a half-crescent shape outside. I step from the cavern and let the moon's rays light up my deathly pale skin. I lied to myself about the nightmare not being a reality, it is my reality and it always will be. The nightmare is not truly a nightmare it is a memory. A memory that I have to relive in my dreams every single night. I close my eyes and when I do I can see it all again.

...

Yesterday my twin brother and I's fifth birthday passed. Mom and dad had made us a splendid chocolate cake and my cousins had come over to celebrate along with their parents. Thunder clapped outside and rain splattered against my toes from mine and my brother's open window which pulled me from my soft sleep. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as a chill came in through the open window causing me to let out an annoyed huff. My brother had left the window open again, he did that sometimes when he watched the moon. A little ache of jealousy had shot through me, my brother had his first shift the last full moon and I didn't. He was now connected to the moon in the same way that my mom and dad were and I was not. I shoved those thoughts aside as I knew I would be connected to them soon, plus I loved my brother. A scream had ripped through the house, the sound of it caused me to slap my hands over my ears. It was such a ferocious sound, a sound that I had recognized as a Wolf's scream half-animal and half-human. Fear shot through my bones and I trembled.

"Crane!" I had called out, hoping my brother's sleeping form beneath his blankets would answer me, he didn't.

Carefully I pulled my cotton black blankets from my body and slid out of my bed. Trembles had coursed through me from my bare feet touching the cool wooden floor beneath them. I moved towards my brother's bed, I had reached my hands out to shake his sleeping form but it was too soft to be a body. With a yank I had the blanket pulled back to see Crane's pillows lined up beneath the blue comforter, I had been confused about the reasoning behind such an act. Thunder boomed outside again as the storm intensified. A snarl rang through the house as I made use of my wolf hearing to pinpoint its origins, the kitchen. I kept my footsteps soft as I moved through our bedroom and creaked the door open, I didn't see anything out of place so I moved into the hallway. To my left were my parent's room and their work office, past that, was the back door which leads out into the forest surrounding the house. To my right, the hallway leads out into the family room and the mudroom, plus, if I went all the way to the end of the hallway and into the family room to the left of that would be the dining room. Near the end of the hallway to the left, before the back door, is another, thinner and shorter, hallway leading to the kitchen. I moved into that hallway and that's where noise reached my ears from the kitchen. The noise was sickening, ripping and crunching noises. I remember thinking those noises matched the noises from the zombie movie Crane, dad and I had watched hours before. I had laughed at the notion of them, zombies because they are ridiculous creatures. Zombies were just one of human's many dumb creations, much like vampires.