Chapter Thirty-Three: Noah

Author's Song of the Chapter: Animals by Maroon5

We walk into the school as a group but split up as we head to our homerooms, just because we aren't together doesn't mean we can't continue to talk and sense each other's emotions.

'What was that all about Danny, what did that guy Tucker want?' - Garth's voice comes into my mind and I know he is talking to all of us so that we can hear Danny's response.

'Tucker wants to talk to Noah and me in the forest after school, I think he knows.' - Danny responds, nerves leaking into his voice.

'Why, why does he want to meet with Noah and you? How could he possibly know?' - Carl sends a concerned question, though his voice holds a curiosity that makes me roll my eyes, he's always had an eye for Tucker.

'I'm not a hundred percent sure, I get the feeling they think they know who the Hellhound is. Tucker is a more reasonable guy than Crane thinks, he might want to hear our side of things.' - Danny explains as if he is thinking aloud for us all to hear.

'Are you going to meet with him?' - Cassie's voice asks as if she is deep in a conflicted thought.

'Noah, this one is up to you man.' - Danny tells me alone.

'Let's see how the day goes and then I'll let you guys know.' - I tell them all as I think about it, this is one that I should probably contact Dusk about, she'll want to be in on this in case it's a trap.

'You should really get Dusk's opinion on this; her insight could be helpful!' - Sicora points out, I can't help but smirk at how loyal Sicora has become as Dusk's first beta.

'I'll let her know what's going on and see what she thinks about the matter.' - I respond back to that unable to keep that smirk from leaking into my voice through a pinch of pride.

'If you guys decide to meet Tucker you should let us all go for backup!' - Garth suggests in a deep growl as if he ready for a trap, ready for a fight.

'No, if we do this it will just be Danny, Dusk, Carl, and I. If it turns out to be an ambush I don't want to be giving away just how many of us there are quiet yet. I'd like to keep the upper hand here. Besides something about this seems like it's not an ambush to me, I think if it had been Tucker wouldn't have looked like he was trying so hard to have a straight face. Tucker is currently pale as he sits in a seat away from his pack, that isn't normal.' - I respond to my packmates honestly as I glance across the class watching Tucker sitting by the windows staring out of them.

'Fine, just keep us in the loop.' - Garth concedes but it is obvious he is not happy that they are not being included.

It's something that we will have to make up to them, Sicora and Garth are Dusk's first betas, so they have come to feel they serve a certain strength role when they are by our sides. I'm about to contact Dusk through our link when Caroline slams into the seat beside me running her nails along the edge of my arm surprising me.

"Hey there Noah." Caroline smiles with a wicked look before dragging her nails along my arm as they turn darker and deadlier.

I stay silent pretending to flinch away from her as a human would but it just makes her grin widen,

"You don't have to pretend to be a human anymore Noah. We know the truth, a little birdy told us a secret about you." Caroline laughs as all eyes turn to us as the seats have all filled.

Even the teacher stops writing on the smart-board to watch the interaction. I look past Caroline and out the window into the forest as my heartbeat picks up, that's when Tucker's eyes move to mine and I know. I know what they think they know.