Something New • 1

Chapter playlist:
🎵Six feet under - the weeknd🎵

...

"Don't tell me that you are this naive, Y/n." My mom spoke, her hands trembling as she reached for another sip of tea.

My heart jumped at her words, my nails gently scratching against my skin while I cleared my throat. Her eyes followed mine as she opened her mouth to speak again.

"Call me when you actually mean business."

The sound of her tea cup hitting the tray echoed throughout the room, the clicks and the clacks of her heels falling into a rhythmic measure. A frown quickly overcoming my face.

When I say that we weren't supposed to be discussing business, I really mean that we weren't supposed to be discussing business. My mother was the Mr.Burns of all of New York, all she wants at the end of the day is two handfulls of cash and a smile on her face. As nice as she was to get me my modelling position, she wasn't so nice when she found out that my annual salary was $225, 175.

Or in her eyes, only $225,175.

The game of big money making is fun until you realize that you need a new strategy. My stress levels peaked when my mother told me to get a higher position at the workplace, but after a little bit of research I found a good college to help me learn how to get my ideal job and how to successfully manage it.

I figured my mother would be proud when I finally enrolled, but she only scoffed when I told her. She never needed to learn how to be a store director at the Louis Vuitton here in the city. But as she begins to be getting greedier and spending more of her money, I've really learned to brush it off and take things at my own pace.

Modelling is fun, but managing a Louis Vuitton is a whole different type of flex.

As my hand gripped onto my Versace handbag, I could feel my lungs fill with air the last time I would be in this building for awhile. With the small motion of flicking my sunglasses onto the bridge of my nose, I was off to my first college course.

...

Leveling my body into the warm seat, I watched the professor pace back and forth as he waited for the official class start time to hit. His eyes beamed when his watch began to beep, he was quick to log into his computer and pull up the slides he prepared.

The sound of voices quieting down ruffled row after row, heads turning to the door as a manly figure rushed in.

The scent of expensive cologne filled the air as he sat in the seat next to mine, his eyebrows furrowing once he saw me staring. It was hard not to, especially with a jaw as defined as his was.

"Have a problem?" He asked, his voice firm.

"You're pretty." I simply put, smacking my lips.

Only disgust was displayed on his face then, a dramatic amount of whispers suddenly being heard.

"Hey," A girl in front of me called, "You know who he is, right?"

My lips pursed, shaking my head from side to side.

"He is the one in charge of Gucci."

I couldn't help but laugh, you really have to be a whole new type of desperate to try to pull off such a lie. The man's jaw clenched, you could tell he wasn't happy.

"Search." He mumbled, "Search who owns Gucci right now."

"Alright," I giggled, pulling my phone from my pocket and immediately began opening a browser.

I could see his mouth form into a smile in the corner of my eyes as the page loaded, my expression still remained stiff.

Jeon Jungkook.

In only a matter of seconds, he had his wallet dangled in front of me only so he could unclip the top, his ID coming to the surface along with a couple hundred bills. My eyes widened, my lip burning while I bit it.

"I really messed up, didn't I?" I whispered to myself, Jungkook's eyes rolling back.

I held out my hand for him to shake, my heart felt as if it was laying in the pit of my stomach. His eyes looked at my hand then to my clothes, then back at my hand again. He was indecisive for sure, but for what? I just wanted to shake his hand, not give him a hug or kiss him.

"Well?"

"Put your hands down, I'm not shaking the hand of someone that practically looks homeless."

Homeless? I get that I was dressing cheap as a cover-up but homeless? I watched as he looked forward at the screen, a huff escaping my practically now chewed up lips.

What a time to be alive.

●●●

word count : 818
thank you for reading,
-sammy