Dιѕѕσℓνє --Nico di Angelo x Reader

A/N: Another sad one. But when are Nico di Angelo fics ever not sad, eh?

"Nico, please...just, don't leave me," you said, your voice breaking. "I-I can't do that again. Every moment that I spend working on trivial shit like schoolwork is a moment you could die."

"(y/n)-"

"Die, Nico di Angelo. That word may not carry much meaning for you, but it scares the hell out of me. You could be dead at the end of every day: deceased, passed on, not coming back dead."

"You think I don't know that? I see it-no, I feel it-happen every day to demigods and mortals like you and me," he said, trying to calm you down. "It's inevitable. Everyone has their time, and mine might just be a bit sooner than others."

"At least let me go with you this time."

"No, (y/n). Where I'm going...you can't go with me and come back alive. If that happened, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

"What about you?"

"No one would miss me."

"Dammit, di Angelo. Don't you dare say that sentence ever again. I would miss you. Reyna and the seven would miss you."

"I have to do this alone."

"No, you don't! Please, Nico, there are people who love and care about you. Don't leave again."

"I have to, (y/n)."

"Nico-"

"I love you," Nico said, kissing your lips in a gentle kiss. You felt his touch, his warmth, slipping away as his body dissolved into shadow. The tears falling down your face did not.

~~~

Your eyes opened slowly to the morning light softly streaming through your window. Your pillow was wet where your eyes had been. As your eyes adjusted, you saw the picture of Nico you kept framed on your side table and remembered what day it was.

Today was the one year anniversary of Nico di Angelo's death.