How it all began

"What the Fuck is this Rina?" A woman angrily kicked my books across the floor. The smell of liquor and smoke devoured the whole house.

"I told you they are useless and reckless" then she pointed aimlessly at the books scattered on the floor. "They only give you silly imaginations. Learn something useful." She sneered. "Daughter," she said it with such a distaste as if I was a pain and something shameful to her.

I hated that she called me that and she knew it. Smirk lingered in her hateful face. I wish I wasn't related to her. It would have been better off if we were strangers.

She lifted her head. Her messed up hair cast a grey shadow upon her face.
She wore a black blouse showing the crack of her breasts and hot pants that exposed all of her thighs.

She slouched and threw her heels across the room. Despite the dim light, I could see the ghostly look on her face.

She was drunk.

She threw her bag at me. It struck me hard but it was okay, at least I tried to be okay and tears started to beam in my eyes. Of course, it was her duty to hit me.

" You useless thing get me water!" She screamed with a hoarse voice. I jolted up and quickly got it for her. Her droopy eyes found the cup and she snatched it away.

Then she tugged up something foreign.

A smile.

"Die in hell." She laughed and threw the cup at me. I quickly ducked to defend myself nonetheless the glass smashed on to the cold ground and the glass swiftly slashed into my skin.

" That looks better." She grinned. Tear dropped down my cheeks and there was blood all over my body. How could she do this to me? To her own child?

I did not sleep, rather I could not sleep that day.  I just blankly stared at the bandages decorated all over my arms and legs.

It does not hurt. I told my self. It does not hurt. It does....  Tears trickled down.

It does hurt.

............................................................
I ran and ran into the endless darkness, I would go anywhere where my feet could take me, except the house. Then my feet led me to a roof. I walked towards the edge.

The wind howled. I took one step forward closer to the edge of the building. I could see everything right under my feet.

The fluorescent lights and boards illuminated the whole city. Little lights looked as if stars had fallen down from the sky. Cars moved busily hither and thither. Humans looked like little ants moving about. How could the world be so beautiful at this distance?

I wish the world could be actually this magnificent. The world was cruel in any way. It always found a way to steal your happiness. Like it stole my happy childhood and my sister.

I watched the world go by while the time stopped up here. I will make my time stop here. I will make my life stop here. Then I pushed my self forward and closed my eyes. I dropped myself like a broken ragged doll. Goodbye world. Goodbye pain and never see you again.

At first I thought a story must end here as a hopeless beautiful ending but no. Fate had decided to play with my life once more.

I thought I would feel the air against me but nothing happened. I surged my eyes open.

To my chagrin everything was grey and everything halted, the cars stopped and people stood right in their places. It was like a black and grey picture. Suddenly something felt wrong and ominous. Someone had stopped me from ending my story.

"Hello, little girl." A man with a dry voice emerged from my back. I turned my head instantly.

There stood a medium height man. His hand gently touched the mask with may silver writings that was covering the half of the face. He started at me with his fierce red eyes and a pale white face. Then he took off his hat showing his pale golden hair.

"What are you?" I asked glaring at this man. What does he want from me? I questioned myself.

He just smiled showing his white teeth. " girl don't look at me as if you want to murder me. I came here to offer you a favor." He clicked his fingers and a paper appeared in his hands. " Its a game for people like you."

"People like me?" I scoffed.

"Yes, little girl. People like you who aren't satisfied with their lives and who crave for more." He came closer." Don't you want this chance?"

I thought carefully. "What will I get out of this?" I questioned.

" That's the spirit!" He laughed. " If you win this Game you get a prize."

I raised my eyebrows " What prize?"

"Your prize is anything." He gave a sly smile.

"Anything?" I looked at him with disbelief.

"Yes my girl, anything" He gently touched my hair.

I thought for a moment. It's a fair deal I thought. I don't have a use for this life anyway and if; If. Just, If I win I get to have a better life at least better than this one.

"I'll play your game." I held my head higher, pushing his hand aside.

He grinned moving a step behind. "Let the game begin!"

He clicked his fingers and everything went black.

"For a Wish, a New beginning and a Dead end"
..................................................

Hello, guys thanks for reading till here! I am very very thankful that you came to read this:) you guys are just blessing to me.

I encourage you to not be too silent.

I really want to get to know my readers and of course I am very close to my participants as well

SO PLZ COMMENT AND VOTE. It is a strong encouragement for me!!! Plz help me continue writing.!♡ love u guys!