Chapter 1

after the tragic death of my parents 3 years ago, its just been me and Margaret. I ended up being taken care of by King Friday, and  im now 16. I'm in high school now, and its changed me, in ways i cant explain...

Its my first day as a sophomore in high school. i take a shower, comb my fur, brush my teeth, pack my bag, use the toilet and catch the bus before it leaves.

Once i arrived at the school i walked to class and sat down, then i looked to my right and saw Katarina, my crush of 8 years, was sitting right next to me. its an understatement to say i was nervous, even though im the confident one in this school.

i picked up my pencil and lightly tapped it on my desk, a thing i do when im nervous. no one else made me nervous like she did, it's like my body froze up and i couldnt move.

I put my pencil down, took a deep breath, and tried to pay attention to the teacher, but it was no use. soon i started daydreaming and lost track of time, not noticing that Mr. Benson had called my name, and since i didnt answer hes now standing in front of my desk staring me down.

"Oh, sorry i must of spaced out..." i said, trying not to sound sarcastic. He raised and eyebrow before saying, "Pay more attention next time, or you can see yourself to detention."

I glance at katarina before i start doodling in my notebook to pass the time.