Chapter Three- Love is in the air

As they reached the river a soft cool wind blew reminding them that fall was in the air. Daniel liked to come to the river because not many people knew of it's existence, and most of the time Daniel could sit there and be alone. For the first time ever though, he brought someone with him. Larci cooed at the beautiful trees surrounding them as the light shown onto the river as the water trickled downstream to larger lakes. Daniel smiled for her admiration. "This is.. beautiful.." she whispered. Daniel nodded as he sat down in the lush grass. She sat down next to him; so close that he could feel her warmth radiating against him. "You know..this river is beautiful and everthing, but I think you got it beat." Larci blushed and her face looked red as a beet. "Where'd you learn to be such a romantic guy, huh?" she teased. "You seriously think I'm romantic? I was going more for the cheesy effect." Daniel smiled as a new sense of  confidence washed over. "Sooo...." he said. Before he could register what was happening, he felt soft lips pressed against his. He closed his eyes and embraced her. Before he knew it, she pulled away smiling slyly. He couldn't choke out words as he realized he just had his first kiss. "W-wow." was all he managed to say. "I must be a shitty kisser for you to say that." she mocked. He laughed in compliance. "You could bring a man to his knees with lips like that." he said. She smiled as they both leaned forward and kissed again.  

    He lay in the grass as she leaned over him, their toungues dancing as her hair brushed against the side of his face, teasing him. His elbows are keeping him promped up as she lays against his side. They break their sensual kiss as he sits up and they both stare at each other and smile. He puts his hands on her back and pulls her forward gently, so that she is sitting on his lap. She doesn't protest but instead grins in agreement. She wraps her arms gently around his neck and his around her waist. They go into a kiss again, this time much more passionately. With every second passing by he could feel the heat intensify and the bulge in his jeans becoming more apparent. What was more awkward he thought, was that she must have felt it as she was sitting in his lap and didn't say anything. As their passionate making out session broke, she stared into his eyes with a serious but yet intoxicated look. "It's getting late, loverboy." she said with a giggle. "I guess you're right. Want me to walk you home?" "I don't need your protection, Mr. Superguy." "I can't protect my beautiful lady?" She rolled her eyes while smiling. "Fine" she muttered jokingly. 

  It was already 8 at night by the time Daniel reached his small house with the last traces of light in the sky. His mom was sitting in the living room drunk, watching sitcoms on t.v. He muttered a hello as he headed towards the stairs. "Where were ya son?" she slurred. "I was with my girlfriend" he said. He glanced up as he saw his brother come out of the kitchen eating a sandwich and head up the stairs. His mom started cackling in an ugly sort of way. "WELL YOU GOTTA TREAT HER BETTER THAN THAT ASSHOLE RICK." she yelled with hidious laughter. He realized that she was talking about his father, and how bad of a relationship they must have since he's always working. He nodded and went up the stairs, leaving his mother laying on the couch in the dark with light emmiting from the television. As he walked into his room he heard his brother enter behind him. "What do you want? Here to beat the shit out of me again?" Justin stared at the ground instead of speaking. Finally, he said "I'm sorry." Daniel's eye twitched as he thought this was some kind of joke. "Why are you apologizing?" "I beat the shit out of you a few days ago. I was drunk and high. I found out something, I couldn't help it. Look, I'm really sorry. I know I pick on you all the time and make you feel like shit because I take my anger out on you. I'm happy you have a girlfriend, be safe, okay?" Daniel stared at him with a blank stare. "This isn't you, what happened?" Justin sighed with an uneasy tone. "I have to leave. I can't do this." "What..?" "She's pregnant." His faced turned to concern as he realized that Justin got Janie pregnant. "What the hell? Ever hear the word condom!? he stammered. "Shut the fuck up asshole, she said she was on birth control." Daniel became silent before he said "You can't just abandon her. You have to take responsibility." Justin shook his head and said "I'll talk to you later" before walking out the door. Daniel stood in disbelief for a few seconds before sitting in his computer chair. 

  He eventually came to the conclusion he shouldn't be so worried about his brother's problem, it was his fault for not being smart. He smiled as he thought that his brother wasn't very smart in the first place. He looked at the clock and realized it was 9:10, and he wondered if Larci would be on the computer. He leaned down and turned the computer on with a series of  "whirr" sounds releasing, a familiar comforting sound. As his computer loaded he went to check, and yes! she was on. She must have noticed he came online because she said something first. 

Larci: Hey there lover boy, had a fun walk home?

Daniel: Yeah, I got to think of how amazing you are the whole way walking, lol. 

Larci: Aw that's sweet (: Guess what? 

Daniel: Hm? 

Larci: Tomorrow is Friday and we have another stupid pep-rally. Y'know, even though our school is going to LOSE. lol 

Daniel:  Another pep rally to ditch you mean? 

Larci: Of course (: 

They chatted for what seemed like hours (And quite literally it was hours) about their life and each other. He learned that Larci's parents split up and that she lived with her father. He also learned that Larci told him about himself and her father wanted to meet him. Daniel agreed, why not? Maybe her father would like him and would accept him dating his daughter. Daniel told Larci about his family, his drunk mother and his idiotic brother. By the time they said goodnight to each other Daniel realized it was almost one in the morning. He turned off his computer and slumped into his bed, falling asleep to magnificant thoughts about Larci.