Chapter 1 Time Ahead Of Me

Nothing.

No light. No sound.

Where am I?

What is this place?

I opened my eyes and found myself floating through a colorful tunnel. I've seen this place before, but I've never actually been here. How did I get here? There isn't a way to travel; they don't have their power anymore.

How?

How can I be here?

And where exactly is here?

Try to remember...

Come on, Reese... Remember...

Reese...

Reese...!

————

Reese woke up with a gasp, sitting on her bed, panting and sweating. She had that nightmare again; Zepar, the Dark Pterosaur's human form, was there, controlling her every action, tormenting her.

"Can't you just leave me alone...?" Reese growled, touching her chest. All those horrors are over, but Zepar's still with her; that feeling of fear still follows her.

"I can't..." she heard a quiet whisper in her ear. Reese shook her head to snap herself out of those thoughts.

It was over.

The Ancients, Rod, and Laura left just yesterday.

She got ready for the day and headed downstairs; she carried a hairbrush with her, still trying to make her tangled blond hair look good. She walked through the living room where her little sister and her three friends Sue, Amy and Meena already were with their dinosaurs, Parasaurolophus, Daspletosaurus, Euloplocephalus and Deltadromeus. The girls had a sleepover; that's why they were all together.

Zoe couldn't hold her laughter back when she saw her sister's hair.

Reese rolled her eyes. "Very funny."

"You have a hell wild cat on your head, Little Genius," Sue pointed out, "it is funny."

"Miss Reese, maybe you should cut your hair?" Amy suggested, "it helped me."

"I don't think I'd be able to get my hair cut; even shoulder-length is too short for me," Meena admitted.

"I'll consider that possibility," Reese replied and headed to the kitchen.

Her whole day went as usual. During the day, a particular question raised in her mind; the time warps.

Ever since the Space Pirates were defeated, time warps keep appearing at the lake according to what Rod and Laura told her.

She went to the lake and that's the last thing she remembers...

————

She felt a hard cold ground under her back, cool wind on her skin and in her hair. She opened her eyes, seeing a cloudless night sky above her, stars shining bright.

"What happened...?"

She sat up, holding her hurting head with one hand while she was leaning on the other one. She looked around her. It seemed she's on a dig-site.

"Where...when am I...?" she asked herself.

She got up, dusting off her clothes. There were lights in the distance, a city. It doesn't matter where or when she is, the wisest thing to do is to find a place to stay overnight and then figure out a way to get back home. She headed to the city to find help.