Chapter 17 I Know Exactly

The Alpha Gang HQ was more crowded than usual. It was Christmas Eve; the most enthusiastic about it was Ellie, however, right now she couldn't do much to decorate and help due to her being very close to giving birth. Instead, Helga and Alpha Droids did everything she said.

The blonde was sitting at the table, ordering all droids how to exactly decorate; it ended up in a disaster. The Alpha Droids hanged lights onto anything they could, including people. Dr. Z was tangled by them several times.

"Could you stop, you stupid droids?!" he snapped at them.

"STOP!" All droids expect the one with its head being damaged froze in place.

"What is the meaning of this?" Dr. Z asked Ellie as Ursula, Daniel and Sally untangled him from the lights.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to help with decorating," Ellie replied, "the Alpha Droids can get a little too enthusiastic about it. They're so adorable."

Ed smiled at his girlfriend adoringly and walked over to her. "You're unbelievably dedicated." He picked a mistletoe up and put it over Ellie's head, kissing her cheek.

She blushed. "You know that I'd do so much to make a happy mood, my marshmallow teddy bear."

He just chuckled as his face turned red from the nickname.

"The decorations turned out fine for being done by the droids," Laura admitted.

"I expected a bigger mess honestly," Rod chuckled.

"They can be talented sometimes," Ellie giggled.

Meanwhile, Helga extended her hand to hang mistletoe above the door.

"Oh, no way we're having any mistletoes hanging around here," Ursula groaned, clearly disgusted by any possible accident caused by that. After all, there was no one she'd happily trick under one to get a kiss, otherwise, she'd be down with it.

"It is a tradition," Helga objected.

"It's not a big deal," Sally said with a huge smile on her face, "nothing but harmless kisses. And almost everyone who is coming is in pairs anyways."

"Yeah. What's the worst that can happen, sis?" Daniel wondered, grinning at Ursula.

"Just note that I am not walking through that door until that thing's hanging there."

Soon, the Ancients came in with Jonathan in the lead; he met with Helga in the doorway right below the mistletoe.

"I don't like where this is going..." Dr. Z sighed.

While Ellie had her hopes up. "Do it... Do it, do it, do it, do it!" she squealed in a whisper.

(The exact illustration here.)

Jonathan bowed down

Jonathan bowed down. "May I-?" He was suddenly grabbed by the female android and got pulled in—an actual android kiss. The two of them moved from the door.