[1] Running

"Look! Listen to me, okay? Look at me, dammit, Tyler!" Looking up, my eyes catch onto my fathers, the anger filling them causing me to flinch. I never should've came home today. I take a step back, trying to separate me and him, ignoring the gulp in my throat. "How in the hell do you manage to do this? How the hell do you get lost in the fuckin' back yard?" I cast my eyes down, counting the seconds until he finally explodes. "Answer me, Tyler!" A firm hand grips my chin, forcing my face up. I shudder, feeling the tears in my eyes and my arms quivering, I hate this, I hate this.. I hate this. 

      "I-I don't know" I close my eyes, not exactly wanting to see the anger and craziness in my dads eyes. Tears stream down my cheeks, the sharp blow from his fist sending my face to the side. Wrenching back from his hold, I force my legs to move, racing up the stairs to my room. Blood slides down the left side of my head, mixing with the tears slipping down my face. I feel some relief, reaching my door and opening it. That is, until the feeling of just.. sadness drowns my thoughts. Sighing, I look in the mirror, observing the cut across my temple, the blood sliding down past my neck. "One more to add to the collection.." I mutter as more liquid falls from my eyes, a shout echoing throughout the house. "Tyler Robert Joseph, get your ass down here!"

      I flinch, turning away from the mirror I begin walking towards my window, pretending that I was not just screamed for again. Ignoring the fact that there's still blood dripping all over my face, staining my only blue shirt most likely, I pop the window open. Cool wind blows into my room, drying my tears almost immediately. 

     Climbing through the window, blood smears on the sill. Taking not a single look back, at least I like to think, my legs attach to the tree beside me, I run from the demons inside and outside. "Goodbye."