Chapter II- Hänsel

"My paintings!" I yelled, as I saw them strewn about the wet grass. "Oh no! Now what will I do!" As I kneeled down and started to cry, I picked each piece up with care. However, there was a distant rustling in the branches ahead and I raised my head in alert. I jumped back a little when the noise made itself known. It was a rabbit. "Oh no! I am truly sorry about all this." He said in exhaustion. "I know what this must look like, I'm–" The rabbit said before a loud sneeze. "Pardon," he continued. "I'm  Hänsel, and I was only trying to collect your pictures." He said, but I did not reply right away. After he settled down though, I smiled and said. "Collect? From where?", "From whom..." he replied. "What do you mean? They were by my window weren't they?" I said. "I know not of what "wind-oh" you speak of, but I found them by the great oak tree in the near clearing. I thought they were very beautiful, so I brought them here..." he said, before sneezing once more. I must have left them by the tree then, serves me right that they be stolen. I shan't forget again. "I am flattered that you think them beautiful, so you may borrow them, but one day you must remember me and return them." I said. "Oh I couldn't do that! You must keep them!" He replied, but I continued. "I insist! Who else would think more fondly of them besides myself!" I said. "Very well, I won't forget this kindness when it is needed most. You are truly a treasure, to be so selfless." He said with a smile. And with that he pranced his way back through the sharp branches of the rose bush.
A treasure? I thought. He was simply too kind...