We Can't Please Everyone (MingKit)

Ming combed his fingers through Kit's still damp hair from their shower earlier. He knew from his boyfriends breathing that he was asleep. So, he let his thoughts linger back to the phone call he'd walked in on earlier between his Kitkat and P'Coach.

Kit was already in his dorm room waiting for him because his SOTUS gathering was going to be a late one that ended around eight. The meeting ended earlier so he'd grabbed them some dinner. He'd just come through the door kicking off his shoes when he heard Kit's voice coming through the cracked door of the balcony.

"Phi, there was nothing embarrassing about the interview." Kit said sharply "I watched it myself before they posted it."

"YOU LET THEM DO THAT?" the all too familiar screaming baritone voice of P'Coach - Kit's other old brother. The one that was having the hardest time wrapping his head around that his brother was dating Ming. Ming sat their dinner on the low table before sitting down on the couch. He was going to wait for Kit to finish his call. He really wanted to jump in but this is family. He'd be the support Kit needed.

"He was respectfully honest and even if he had said my name, Phi, he is my boyfriend. I will never hide him. What kind of man would that make me if I did?" Kit snapped back pride and hurt evident in his voice. Ming couldn't stop the fond smile that spread across his face. He didn't need Kit to tell him that he cared because Kit showed it constantly. It was the small things he does like giving him advice when Ming needs it, the support when times are low, and the belief in their relationship.

"What did you just say?" Kit bit out pulling Ming out of his mushy thoughts. Ming couldn't hear P'Coach's response because it was so low. He'd obviously realized his mistake. Ming could tell by Kit's tone that there was no way for P'Coach to salvage the call. 

"Oh, no, Phi there is no reason to take it back." Kit seethed "Next weekend won't be awkward because I no... we won't be there."

Kit hung up the phone turning around. Ming watched him start texting someone as walked inside and by the buzzing in his back pocket he knows who it was.

"Hey, you're back." Kit forcing a thin smile on his face, "When did you get back?"

"Since you said interview." Ming answered honestly. Kit released a sigh that took the fake smile off his face. He plopped down on the couch beside of Ming deflating. Ming waited patiently knowing that Kit would open up to him when he was ready.

"I'm sorry."

"About what?" Ming said adjusting his arm so that it wrapped around Kit's shoulders bringing him close. Kit rested his head on Ming's shoulder.

"Having to hear that."

"We can't please everyone. What we can do is the best we can in making sure that we are doing right by ourselves. Plus, you did tell me that your family's traditional values are important and we are breaking that mold. Just remember he loves you. He doesn't have to love me." Ming said kissing the top of Kit's head.

"It'd make it easier." Kit snorted.

"Yeah well they all can't be Granny." Ming said slightly nudging him with his hand.

"You're right." Kit chuckled before looking up at Ming. He didn't know how to say how deeply that he already felt for Ming. The brat just kept worming his way deeper into his heart. A soft smile on Ming's lips made the heat pooling in his chest from love spread all over him. He leaned up cupping his boyfriend's jaw kissing him gently.

"More." Kit breathed against his lips when they parted for air. Ming's reply to kiss him back just as gently shifting to urge Kit to lay back. Kit complied easily hands taking hold of his tie pulling him along with him not break their kiss. 

"Stop abusing that one brain cell you have left." Kit sleepily grumbled as he tightened his arm laying around Ming's waist.

"I thought you were asleep?" Ming questioned honestly wondered how his boyfriend had the energy to be up. He had the delicious pleasure of turning that more into thoroughly wrecking his boyfriend on the couch. The shower that followed had been just as appetizing. 

"Your heart beat sped up." Kit mumbled "Now, go to sleep."

"Yes, Kitkat." Ming smiled. 

/*/*/

Author's Notes: HI! It's Sunday here and I thought I'd leave this here. The interview he is referencing my fic, "Interviews with our Moons" chapter 2! Check that out if ya want to read the full interview.  If I can I will post some more today. I have mandatory overtime at my work place all this week. Despite that I hope to have chapter three of You're My Destiny up! Oh, there are some one shots are coming too! How's your day been?