Chapter 03

I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door to the house, and set my bookbag down on the couch, before walking into the kitchen and pulling out the meat for dinner. As usual, I forgot to do it before I left the house, so it probably won't defrost in time. There are other ways to defrost it, I just like the method where I don't have to do anything. Maybe I should go on a walk. I looked down at my knee, it was better now, after what happened. Long story short? I got into a small fight with this "Ivy" girl's friends. Didn't do much, just knock me down, but I landed on my knee so that isn't fun. Is she like this to everybody? Besides Garroth, of course. Though my point still stands.

     I changed out of my school uniform into something light. Just some jean shorts and a (S/F/C) tee shirt. Wasn't my usual style, but it's way too hot out to do my normal style. Then grabbed my phone case and headphones. I looked at my phone case. Yesterday Laurance seemed to be interested in it, I wonder why. Or maybe he was thinking of something else at the same time. Maybe I'll ask him about it. Though I'll probably forget about it when I next see him. (Play Song) I put my headphones in, started my playlist and headed out the door. To be quite frank, I had no clue where I was going. Maybe to the park? Yeah, that's good. Maybe I'll run into someone I know there. Also, I have to admit. Phoenix Drop is extremely pretty, so much better than where I came from. It wasn't long until I got to the park. I've only been here once or twice since I moved, though. The bright green trees, with the sun shining, it seemed perfect.

     Walking down a path, I saw a couple people in front of me. One of them looked like they were going to punch another. So me, not being able to mind my own business, decided to jump in. "Hey, what's going on here?" I unplugged my headphones and stood in front of the tiny person, that just so happened to be Aphmau. The three in front of her were the Shadow Knights, I've heard of them being here as well, and they looked pretty intimidating. Though that wasn't going to stop me.

     "Who's this kid?" The one in the middle said. He was tall, black hair and blue eyes. I assumed from the details I knew, this was Gene. I rolled my eyes and stepped forward a step. "Kid, what are you doing protecting kitty like that?" Kitty? Is that.. A nickname for Aphmau? She isn't even a meif'wa... That's confusing. He seemed to be a senior, from how tall he was and his attitude. The black-haired shadow knight tossed a spray can behind him, and a kid with white hair caught it.  She had white hair and purple eyes. I'm not going to lie, she was extremely hot. Sorry, off topic.

     "A complete dumbass for trying to interrupt us." the last one, said. Heard of this kid too. Though I don't remember his name. Curly brown hair and dark brown eyes, someone could easily mistake it as black. At his retort I chuckled, and muttered something under my breath. I'm pretty sure Aphmau heard it. The kid suddenly raised his voice. "What did you say?"

     "I said," repeating myself. "That I am a complete dumbass, thank you for noticing. I just don't know when to quit. Now, question. What would I have to do to make you guys leave Aphmau here alone?" I looked at Gene and stared him directly in the eye and smirked. Fake it til you make it.

     The blue-eyed senior smirked back, before handing me a bag of what I assume is spray cans. "Maybe," he chuckled, "You could place our tag somewhere? Anywhere, I don't even have to pick it for you." I rolled my eyes, before tossing it back to him, he caught it. "Saying no?"

     "Saying no," I took a step back, "I know where this is where it all starts. Rather not." I chuckle, and then smirked. "You can't trick me, Gene, was it? I may be a dumbass but I at least know /some/ of my limits." Before I know it I was shoved to the ground, my butt landing first onto the pavement. Ouch. I think I must of had a pained look on my face for a second, because they all laughed.