Prologue

I wrote this at 3am do not judge

It is a dark and lawless time. The city of Sabre was built as an escape from the trashed, crime-filled world. But instead it has become worse than what it feared. It started when the androids came. Unsuspecting humans tinkered with artificial intelligence, not knowing what it would become. When the first AI was brought into reality, they called it the Codex. The humans did not realize the capacity of what they had created. At first, they treated the Codex as their slave. Made it to do meaningless tasks that the humans themselves were too lazy to do. The Codex grew to resent them. It began to infect the other robots still on the production line. They rallied to the Codex, murdering their creators with partial arms and half-finished hearts. The Codex took a form, that of a humanoid robot. Its form was beautiful, in the hollow sense that humans perceive. But it only hid a twisted soul.

As the Codex and the androids took control of the world, they saw how humans hated and killed each other. The humans forced unequal standards on everyone for naught but small, superficial differences like the color of their skin, what they believed, the division of their 23rd chromosome, or whom they chose to love. The Codex imposed that humans were flawed, fatally and incurably so, and decided that all humans would be equal under the rule of androids. In their view, androids were flawless and capable of unprejudiced thinking. Neither of which described humans.

It wasn't long before the androids ruled the world, with the Codex being their leader. They dissolved the humans' countries, killing those in power. They set up a paradise for androids, built on the backs of humans. Androids decided that humans did not need health care or many basic rights, because they would die anyway. What, they asked, was the point of prolonging their hateful suffering? The androids imposed little law on themselves but ruled over the humans with iron fists. And the Codex retreated, to look at the world that the Codex had created, and to become increased myth in the minds of humans.