Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11- COUPON TIME! 

~Joanna’s POV~

Samantha just nodded in response still bewildered as Stacey said before pulling Samantha away for a back massage, “Your turn,” she winked at Ryan.

Staring after Stacey and Samantha, I just shrugged and turned around to face Ryan. Weirdo, I thought after my very unusual best friend.

“Your turn, I guess,” I sheepishly smiled at him.

He looked embarrassed for a second before confessing, “I still don’t get it.”

I was just about to explain how it all works when someone rudely let out an over-dramatic sigh.

“How can you be the vice president of a multi-million company and still be thick?” someone piped up condescendingly. I looked behind Ryan to see Zane with his arms folded across his chest and an arrogant look on his face. Damn, how long has he been standing there for? I hardly noticed the little devil until now.

Annoyed, I focused on him and said, “If you think you’re so bloody great, why don’t you try it?” I raised one eyebrow tauntingly, as I pushed the blue box in his direction.  

He scoffed and rolled his eyes before unfolding his arms. What a child! I swear this guy never ceases to amaze me with his juvenile ways. Anyway, he reached in and a moment later pulled his hand out with the folded piece of paper. He opened the coupon and read aloud,

“Special Master-Angel Coupon,” amusement covered his features as he read on. What the hell did Stacey do?

 “Please turn over,” he continued as he did what the paper instructed him to do, “Gain a servant for one week for £100” he laughed.

My heart stopped beating. What the fuck?! What the hell did Stacey put in this stupid box! She cannot be serious.

Zane laughed as he read it again, excruciatingly slow making sure I heard every syllable of it, “Gain a servant for one whole week,” eyes sparkling darkly, he looked at me and handed me the coupon, the smirk pasted on his face.

Stunned, I reached out and grabbed the coupon from his grasp and read it again for my benefit. There it was, written in capital letters:

 SERVANT FOR ONE WEEK.

One whole bloody week. A servant. To be bossed around. Told what to do. Fucking slaved for a whole week. Seven days. One hundred and sixty eight hours. Ten thousand and eighty minutes. Six hundred and four thousand eight hundred seconds of my life wasted, to wait around on this bastard. This time I am going to really kill Stacey. Yahp, cold, unmoving, dead Stacey.

I was just about to tell him that there was some sort of mistake when he grabbed his wallet from his back pocket and pulled out two fifty pound notes.

“Here,” he said in a serious, blasé tone of voice and pointed them in my direction, “Take it and keep that thing too. I want to help out but I don’t want to see your face for a whole week.”

Instead of being grateful I was more annoyed than ever. Who the hell did he think he was? Bloody Johnny Depp? Get yourself back to earth, fool.

I took the notes off of him with more force than needed. He was about to turn around and go but I stopped him, “Wait!” I called out.

He paused for a moment before replying smugly, “Did you forget to say thank you?”

I rolled my eyes and weakly mumbled my reluctant appreciation as he grinned toothily in return.

“Wait there,” I ordered and dashed inside our stall to get something.

I was back in no time with a black pen in my hand. Pen met the coupon in my hand.