Chapter 1: New school

"Serve strong, dig fierce, spike
                             hard."

______________________________________

YOUR POV

'Shiratorizawa huh? I heard that they have an incredible volleyball team. I hope I can make friends though.'

As I was thinking about my new school, someone tapped my shoulder, so I turned around to see.

"Hey, your going to Shiratorizawa right? Judging from your uniform." a guy with red hair said.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I said.

"Me too. I'm Satori Tendo, 1st year. I used to attend Shiratorizawa Middle School." Satori said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm (Y/N) (L/N), 1st year." I said.

"What school did you attend in junior high?" Satori asked.

"(S/N)." I replied.

"(S/N)? I heard that the school has an amazing volleyball team. Especially the girl's team. I heard they even went to the nationals three times." Satori said.

"Do you play volleyball?" I asked.

"Yep~ Do-"

Before he could finish his sentence, our stop came.

He guided me to the lobby to get our schedules since I didn't know the way.

"Hello. Are you here to get your schedules?" the lady asked us.

"Yep~ Satori Tendo and (Y/N) (L/N)." Tendo said as the lady walked away to get our schedules.

"Oi, Tendo." a guy who looks like a benkei said.

"Oh? Hi, Reon! (Y/N), this is Reon, Reon, this is (Y/N). Reon also plays volleyball with me." Tendo said.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Reon Ohira. 1st year." Reon said.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm (Y/N) (L/N), 1st year." I said with a smile.

"So, what did you get on the entrance exam?" Reon asked.

"Oh, I actually got a scholarship." I said.

"Me too. Do you play any sport?" he asked once again.

"Yes, volleyball." I said.

"Eh!? You didn't tell me you played volleyball, (Y/N)-chan!!" Satori said.

'(Y/N)-chan?'

"You didn't ask." I said with a shrug.

"Wait, if you're school is (S/N), then that means you went to nationals three times!?" Satori shouted.

"So, you went to (S/N) that won at nationals three times? Impressive. So, what position do you play?" Reon asked.

"Well, I was the captain, but I played ace. Sometimes setter." I said.

"Wait! If I recall, the captain of the girl's volleyball team at (S/N) is a total monster at court. She even got the nickname Demon Queen. Her serves are famous too, cause she has complete control of the ball and it's very fast and powerful. So that's..." Reon trailed off when he looked at me.

"Me."I said, finishing his sentence for him.

"Eh~ I didn't know you were so cool, (Y/N)-chan!" Tendo said.

"Hehehe" I laughed shyly.

While we were chatting, the lady returned with our schedules.

"Greetings, Ohira, Satori." a tall guy came.

I assume he played volleyball too.

"Hey, Wakatoshi-kun~" Satori said.

"Hello, Ushijima-san." Reon greeted.

"Eh~ So you're Ushijima Wakatoshi. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." I said.

"(Y/N) (L/N)? Oh, you must be the nicknamed Demon Queen. You did a good job coming to Shiratorizawa." he said.

"Uhh... thanks?" I said, unsure of what to say next.

"You must be really good at volleyball, (Y/N)-chan. Even Wakatoshi-kun acknowledges you." Satori said.

I giggled.

USHIJIMA'S POV

'So, she's the Demon Queen? I've always looked up to her. She's prettier in real life. Wait, what am I thinking!?'

YOUR POV

"Oi, Tendo." a guy with white spiky hair said

"Ara~ Hello, Semisemi!!" Satori said.

"Don't call me that!!" Semi shouted.

"Make me!" Satori mocked.

"You-" he suddenly stops shouting when he saw me.

I tilt my head at him with a confused look.

He suddenly coughed with a light pink tint on his cheeks.

"A-ahem, who is she?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." I said.

"(Y/N) (L/N)? You mean the volleyball prodigy who is nicknamed Demon Queen? That (Y/N)?" he asked with a surprised tone.

"Yep. I couldn't believe it either when I found out." Satori said.

"-chuckles- Yep, that's me." I said with a smile.

"Wow! It's a pleasure to meet the Demon Queen. My name is Semi Eita. It's nice to meet you (L/N)-san." he said while holding out a hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too, Semi-kun. You can just call me (Y/N)." I said as I shook his hand.

"Alright! Let's head to class before we get late." Reon said.

Me and Semi head together in class since we go to the same one.

'Hmm, this school's ain't that bad. I look forward to it.'

To be continued...