Chapter 2: Volleyball

"Don't aspire to be the best on your team, aspire to be the best for your           team."

_

_____________________________________

YOUR POV

--- bell rings ---

"Hey Semi-kun, you're in the volleyball club, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Semi said.

"Well, I want to join the girl's volleyball team, but I don't know where the gym is, so I was wondering if you could show me the way?" I said.

"Yeah, sure. There's a practice match later between boys and girls, so maybe coach will let you play." Semi said.

"Thanks!" I said with a smile.

"N-no p-problem." he stuttered while turning his head away to hide his blush.

Me and Semi walked together to the gym and we ran into Tendo and Reon on the way.

We went inside the gym and Coach Washijio saw me and called me over.

He also called the other players so that I could introduce myself.

"Nice to meet you. My name is (Y/N) (L/N). Please take care of me!" I bowed.

"Yosh! We're starting the match! (Y/N), you're going in." Coach said.

"Eh? But she just came in, Coach. She needs to get synced with the group first." one of the 3rd years said.

"HAHAHHAHA!!! No need for that. Now go stretch!" the coach yelled.

Everyone was dumbfounded about what the coach meant, but went along with it anyway.

Here's the rotation:

•  |  •
•  |  •
•  |  •

(you)

I was up first so I went to the back.

USHIJIMA'S POV

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She opens her eyes and bounced the ball.

'Her concentration is unbelievable. She looks intense. Hmm.... (Y/N) (L/N).... you interest me.... time to see what the Demon Queen is made of.'

YOUR POV

I toss the ball high in the air and take a step forward.

'Ah. That's a nice toss.'

I jumped and hit the ball at the corner of the court.

The opposing team didn't have enough time to react to reach for the ball. All they could do is to look at the scorched spot the ball left at the corner of the court.

Everyone was shocked as the gym erupted in yells.

"Woah!! So cool!!! Nice one, (Y/N)-chan!!!!" Tendo shouted.

"As expected from the Demon Queen." Ushijima said.

"Woah!! The Demon Queen!?"

"I can't believe my eyes!!"

"She's really pretty!!"

"She's the demon queen!?"

After everyone has settled down the match continued.

---- time skip ---- (cause I'm lazy)

After rounds of playing, the girl's team won. After the match, I was officially a member of the club and coach made me a regular.

"Hey, (L/N)-san, thanks to you we won against the boys!" Kira the vice-captain said.

"Thank you! Just call me (Y/N), Kira-senpai!" I beamed at her.

---- time skip ---- (again)

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan!!" Tendo shouted when I was about to leave the gym.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if I could walk you home." Tendo said.

"Oh, sure!" I said.

And with that, I walked home with Tendo.

"Ne ne, (Y/N)-chan, you totally beat our asses at the match!!" Tendo said.

"You did pretty well yourself, Satori." I said.

"Oh, come on. Just call me Tendo-kun!! Just for you (Y/N)-chan~" he said.

"Yeah, I'll stick with Satori." I said, unamused.

"Ouch!!! Why do you hurt me, (Y/N)-chan????" he said dramatically with his hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt.

"Yeah, yeah." I said while rolling my eyes at him.

At the meantime, we arrived at my house (mansion).

"Eh~ Your house is so big, (Y/N)-chan. Do you live alone?" he asked.

"Yep. Thanks for walking me home, Tendo-kun~" I said, before pecking his cheek, and went inside, leaving him a blushing mess.

To be continued...