Chapter 1- Mush Head

Chapter 1

Well, you must think I don't have any friends. But no. There are many people in this world that are treated the same way as me. But only one is in our orphange. Delia. A bright and shiny faced girl unlike me who actually had a life. She was unwanted but Delia believed in herself. 

"Caroline" She would always say "Want to come to the volcano with me? We absolutely need some lunch"

She was good friend unlike me. I was a bratty child who actually realized that I was hated by the world and will keep that way until I'm adopted.

"Okay Delia" I would say each time smiling at her "Lets go get killed" Rarely, we would get lucky. The Scrooge Mrs Rale wouldn't see us eating her "Famous Mush" and we wouldn't go in the Volcano. The good old days I would always think.

So then Delia and I would wait for the sreeching voices of Mrs Rale and Mr Gool yelling "GET UP YOU BRATTY OLE SOULS! TIME FOR SOME MUSH!" Then Delia and I would creep down the black stairs of tar to the kitchen careful never to run into Annabelle and her group. Annabelle and her friends were wanted and rich. Their fathers though, had gone off to the military leaving Annabelle and her gang at the worst orphanage in world history. Annabelle was brattiest and she was Mrs Rale's and Mr Gool's favorite. This I thought of is just absolutely unfair. So Delia and I each day would watch Annabelle and Dolly go by so that we could go eat our lunch without dying.

So, we arrived at the kitchen. The whole place was the evil Mrs Rale's creative mind which made this "amazing" work of art. It looked like a dungeon.

Today, Mr Gool was serving  lunch. 'Well' I thought 'At least its not Mrs Rale" Mr Gool saw us decending down the stairs. His sharp eyes gleamed in our way. He was up to something. Mr Gool poured some mush from the pot into our two bouls. The rusty and dirty ones. I furied over Mr Gool sometimes watching Annabelle eat from the cleanest glass bowls in world history. As we walked more toward Mr Gool, he rose from his chair higher and higher as Delia or I took a step. I was scared. I knew he was going to do something to us, but I wasn't sure what. Finally we were about a centimeter away from the idiot when he "accidentally" drops all the mush on both Me and Delia's hair. Delia screamed running. I followed her crying. And then, I saw Annabelle laughing. It just got worse. I ran up the stairway to my room. I slammed the door shut and plopped onto my bed, crying. "Mush Head!" I heard as Annabelle passed my room.