Chapter One: Dying

Her heart pounded. She didn't know how it happened, but one moment she was driving, then the next she was in darkness. Pain sweltered through her body and she could feel hot liquid travel down her cheeks, it was either tears or blood... Both sounded accurate.
"Come on Serenity... You can make it," A deep male voice said, the rushing was of people around Serenity sounded loud and real. She heard the simplest sounds and it hurt like crazy, at one moment she guessed someone scratched at their arm and she wanted to scream. Her mind raced her whole self felt on fire like she was placed into a fire pit and left there to burn. Suddenly, like someone hit her in the chest she started coughing and wheezing as if she was winded.
"Serenity!" Came a cry, "Don't leave me!" That's when everything died. Water finally clenched the fire, the wood burned no more. Serenity was left in a peaceful state and just as she dwelled in the darkness, her eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked up at the man weeping above her, her fiancee Casper.
"Shhh, don't worry," She whispered, "I'm right here," He didn't seem to here her, he wept and wept. She sat up, but noticed something, her real body didn't move with her. Oh. She slowly got off the bed, looking at her fiancee who was an entire mess. She was startled when two figures appeared and she looked over.
"Hello," Said a man who looked kind, warm and well... Welcoming. Serenity looked at him,
"I can't be dead," She whispered in a tiny voice. The man's expression turned to sad,
"I'm sorry young one," He said, "But God has big plans for you," Serenity started to cry,
"But I had plans with my fiancee... I wanted to marry him!" The man in white approached her and touched her cheek gently,
"I know," He whispered, "And one day you both will be in Heaven together." Serenity sobbed quietly, but wiped at her damp cheeks,
"This wasn't supposed to happen," The angelic man gave her a hug and whispered.
"Shh... It's alright," Serenity whimpered quietly,
"Thank you..." She slowly relaxed as the warmth strengthened her.