I love you...I think

Chapter One.

Coming home after two years of being away is always going to be scary. I already know that everything will be different, nothing can stay the same after two years.

I've been living in France for the past two years, my mom sent me away to a boarding school that she went too as a child.

She wanted me to go there because it turned her from a girl into a woman as she hoped it would do the same for me.

My mother is the type of perfect housewife kind of person. She's never untidy, her hair and clothes are always perfect and tidy, her nails are always polished, her make ups always done. She's this perfect woman.

She hosts charity events, school bake sales, dances and auctions too. She attends a book club, knitting club and a cooking club.

She does at least five of these things every single week and she still never looks untidy or tired. Her blouse is never wrinkled, her shirt never has a stain on it. If she wasn't my own mother I'd be convinced she's some kind of robot.

My mom growing up was the perfect little girl, teenager, student, young adult and now wife.

She got perfect grades since she started middle school. She was a model student, she never went below an A grade. She was head girl in her senior year and had a steady job since the age of sixteen.

My mother met my father while studying in collage but their parents had known each other for years. They actually organised for the two of them to marry each other.

They weren't going to force the two of them to marry but they were trying as hard as they could for my mother and father to be together. It was just luck that they actually did love each other.

My mom and dad are from good old Southern money. My father's father was a well known businessman and my dad followed in his footsteps.

My mother's mom and dad have a chain of popular bistros in their town and earned a whole lot of money. The two families have been rich for generations and when my mom and dad came together, well they had no financial problems to deal with.

They lived in New York for five years, my dad worked on Wall Street and my mother got interested in fashion and opened up a boutique.

My moms boutique became very popular and after a year or two she became a personal stylist to some celebrities and well off people, mostly snobs.

They then moved to our little town in North Carolina uwhere they have been living for the past seventeen years. When my parents found out they were expecting a baby boy they wanted to move to a suburban neighbourhood where they could settle down and raise a child in the right environment.

Nearly two years after their first child was born they found out my mom was expecting again and this time it was a baby girl, me.

My mom was delighted, she always wanted a baby girl so she could teach them about life and watch them grow up to be just like her. She always told me this on every single one of my birthdays. She'd always explain how she wishes to teach me the facts of life and how I'm to survive as a young girl in this world today.

There was one slight problem my mom didn't see coming though. My mother never thought that maybe her daughter wouldn't turn out to be quite like her but she really should have because she got a big shock when she realised that I wasn't the perfect little angel she was expecting. I was far from it.

It wasn't that I was a devil or anything, I just wasn't the little model girl she expected. I followed my brother around like he was some kind of god when I was around four years old. I loved being outside and playing in the mud. Well not exactly the mud but I loved being outside playing with a football or running around with the other kids.