Chapter 1

It was a warm August day as the Cooper sisters headed down the Trans Canada Highway (TCH) towards their weekend getaway, a mostly abandoned town called Rowley, Alberta. The sisters where paranormal investigators, hand picked by Ghost Adventures Lead Investigator, Zak Bagans when they competed on his television special, Paranormal Challenge.

The sisters investigated places in the Great White North when they aren't on the road with the Ghost Adventures Crew (GAC). Recently, they had been travelling from province to province capturing footage of the paranormal for a special Zak had come up with.

He had been brainstorming new ideas for his show when he came up with the idea that the girls should do an investigation across their homeland. When they finish their tour he was going to take their footage and edit it into either a mini-series or a documentary.

The girls had started their journey on the East Coast, travelling all over Newfoundland, where they could have made a show just from that one tiny island! Every town almost had it's own haunted places and ghost stories. Then they went on to Nova Scotia, PEI, Quebec, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan and now they where in their home province, Alberta.

"This is going to be so awesome!" Anna replied as she and her sister sped along the highway in their newly restored 1954 Chevrolet pickup truck

"I just hope we catch something, I don't want it to be a bust like Steveville!"  Dani replied, switching lanes to pass an elderly couple who where barely doing the speed limit

"I just hope we catch something, I don't want it to be a bust like Steveville!" Dani replied, switching lanes to pass an elderly couple who where barely doing the speed limit. "Zak needs more footage for the documentary!"

Steveville was listed on their search of haunted places in Southern Alberta, so the sisters decided to check it out, it was only an hour away from their home in Rolling Hills, Alberta. But when they arrived, it was not what they where expecting. One house and a large field that opened onto the Badlands. They did try to get some Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) but like Dani said, it was a bust.

"It won't be, I have a feeling this place is going to be unforgettable!" Anna replied, stretching her legs out under the dash as best as she could.

After two long and boring hours of driving, they saw the billboard for the town. They pulled off the paved 56 highway and onto township road 324. The dirt road was surrounded by fields and cattle. After about five minutes they could see the towns grain elevators looming over the trees surrounding them.

  After about five minutes they could see the towns grain elevators looming over the trees surrounding them