20

" My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed me!"

Wendy's POV :-

It's been a week since that incident happened. And there are 2 days left for the wedding which is of Chanyeol and Irene. My mom was confused about what I did and all. She was disappointed on me.

While my dad supported me and today he wants to have a talk with me. He shares his emotions when he is upset. He usually is upset when he fights with my mom.

I am all ready for their wedding. That means I am going back to Canada, on the day of their wedding. I am so prepared. I am happy for them.

That's the least I could do. And by the way Seulkai (Seulgi and Kai) are getting married in 2 weeks. They will be having 2 ceremonies. One in Korea and the other in Canada ( I will be in the Canada one!).

Time with Dad :-

"How are you Wendy?"  my dad asked sweetly with a smile. Me and my dad have never had a talk but it really isn't awkward. I am happy. I feel that there is someone who actually loves me in any way.

"I am fine dad!" I told him when I guess I am not. " I am sorry!"  my dad said all of a sudden. I was confused.

Then he turned towards me and said "I am sorry. In fact, both me and your mom are sorry for not understanding you. We have been burdening you since a very young age. We had you to look after your sister as you have 10 years difference." I had been waiting for my parents to be recognizing this that I wasn't a useless child.

Useless, hopeless and effortless were the words I heard quite often from my parents when I was young when I did a lot.

The only that supported me was love around the people, kdramas, kpop music and all. I am big huge romantic person. And I am not scared to admit that.

But then I guess in this lifetime I might not find a person who loves. I have lost more hopes after what happened between me and Chanyeol......

"It is okay dad. I understand the two of you were always busy with work and all. You did give us what we wanted. Helped me in my financial needs which I needed in Canada. You still joked around with us, took us for movies, made sure there was atleast a bit of family time. I was happy! Thank you!"  I said with a smile as tears were rolling down.

" Honestly, I am the one who should be grateful to have a daughter like you who is very understanding in every way. Especially with the decision you made."  he said. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

" Thank you for bringing me up in a good way even if I was neglected in my childhood. I was happy, I am happy and will always be most probably. "  I said and giggled along with my dad.

" You will find the right guy for sure. Also Chanyeol's parents have invited me to the wedding. They say that we  have to come for the wedding. But me and your mom are thinking not to go after all this!"  he said the last sentence in a low voice.

" No. You all should go for the wedding. Our families have been good friends for a long time. We should not break it because of all this. And also I am going back to Canada on that day."  I said as I lifted my head. He was about to say something but I interrupted him.

" Please go to the wedding and please let me go back to Canada. I promise I will visit regularly. I need a break. Please! "  I pleaded as I kept my eyes closed.

" Okay fine. We will go to the wedding. You can go to Canada but then promise me that you will visit us regularly! " he said and passed me a smile.

" Yes. I will! "  I said excitedly and hugged him."Thank you! "

Wendy's Father's POV :-

I am very proud and grateful to my daughter. She has been through a lot. She is very independent. She handles her own pains and doesn't share it with anyone not even her best friend. One thing that I like about her is that she finds happiness even in the smallest thing.

I still think that Chanyeol is the best guy for her. They are meant to be together. Lets see what happens......

One thing I would like to say is that  you might never know a man's vulnerable place until you see him with his daughter, because with her, he seems more human emotions than he will even share with anyone else!

Wendy's POV :-

It was nice talking to dad after a long time. I shared almost everything with him today. I guess this one thing made me happy today!

There is one thing that is proven today that is I truly am lucky to be a daughter of a strong man and beautiful mommy, and I am proud to be so!

Authors note :-
H

ey guys! Long time right?! So I am back with a long chapter most probably. Thank you for supporting me all this long. The book had 2 more chapters and an epilouge. Bear with me! Please do check out Chen's new song and SuperM's debut! Love love 💕