Off With His Head Part 2

"So, a girl took you down?" asked Alice, staring directly at Lock. Lily had woken up, and was currently struggling not to laugh, much like Allen and Ted.

"She's not exactly an ordinary girl, like I said," the boy replied. "Also, you're the ones who lost Crispin. How do you even lose a person?"

"About that," said Ted. "He kind of mentioned finding out who the Head Hunter was just before he went off. Oh, and he's apparently a sleeper, too, since he used that shadow travel relic."

"And you let him go alone?"

"Calm down, shrimp," Allen added calmly. "He took off before anyone could do a thing. Besides, if he was dead, we'd know it by now. The killer hasn't exactly kept a low profile. Everyone in Pandora knows about your task, so I'm guessing..."

"...that the Head Hunter will use him as a hostage to get me off their back," Lock finished. "Still, it's not like the connection between Crispin and I is something strong. I only know him as Ali's messenger friend."

"Cold," Lily said. "Way too cold. He was helping you, after all."

"He was helping himself get revenge for what happened to his mother. He knew the risk of going back there alone. I'm making this clear right now: If it comes down to me either getting the Head Hunter or saving Crispin, I'm taking the chance to finish my task."

Everyone but Oz seemed uncomfortable after the statement.

"I'm not gonna let you," Alice claimed, crossing her arms. "I'm closer to him than you are, y'know. I'm not letting him die if I can help it."

"He doesn't mean it," Oz said, smiling innocently. "Also, has anyone seen Cheshire?"

Lock was so surprised at forgetting it, he nearly stopped breathing. "The damn cat! Don't trust him!"

"Agreed," Allen added. "Creepy grin."

"Not because of that, you idiot," deadpanned Lock. "I met the Fallen Earl on the other side, and he mentioned Cheshire working for him. Do not go near him again, Ozzie."

"But he's my angel."

"I don't care if he's a sexy modern-day Mary Magdalene. I need you to promise me you won't try to talk to, touch or follow Cheshire. I mean it, Ozzie; Promise me now."

Looking dejected, the younger Baskerville sighed. "Ok."

"So, what do we do now?" asked Ted. "Go back to where Crispin found the killer? It's gotta be Olympus, right?"

"I won't be doing much of anything anytime soon," Lock replied, holding his hand up. "Every single bone in my body hurts. I need a map, and I don't want you doing anything without me."

"You say that like you're of big physical importance," whispered Alice. "No offense, but we don't really need you for a fight."

Allen was the next to pipe in. "Yeah, just tell us what to do, big brain. We'll take it from there."

Lily looked down at her feet. "I'm sorry, but I won't be doing anything anytime soon, either."

"Nor are you expected to," Chris said firmly, his gaze challenging anyone to dare to object. "You either, Ted."

"What?" the other twin snapped. "I'm not staying here."

"Yes, you are. Dum is gone. You're not setting a foot outside."

"I can still fight! I'm not staying cooped up in here like a quivering puppy!"

"Lily had an angel with her, and even that wasn't enough to keep her safe. You're both staying inside."