Is He Made of Tin, or Stuffed? Part 2

"They could be in trouble," Lock said. "We should hurry."

Allen gestured toward Glen, unconscious on the ground. "We really shouldn't leave him like that."

"Yes," Lit added. "Most uncomfortable."

Lock sighed, then met Allen's gaze. "Stay and guard him?"

"What? Why me?" The redhead glanced at Lit worriedly.

"We need someone to guard him. If he joins Morgan, we don't stand a chance."

"But why me?" Allen pointed at Lit. "Why can't he do it?"

The elf smiled. "While I do fancy myself a man of many talents, I'm afraid even I cannot kill her from here."

Annoyed, Lock rolled his eyes. "What the idiot said." Noting that Lit's shirt was still off, the preacher finally realized what was happening, and couldn't help but smile. He walked up to Allen, then gave him a quick peck. "Convinced now?"

Allen looked sheepish. "Maybe a little more?"

"Later. Also, first things first." Lock knelt down, grabbed a piece of his shadow, then pulled it off. He stretched the dark vale until it took circular shape, and then the image of Morgan, Merlin and Arthur appeared inside of it, in black and white.

"That's new," Lit said. "I can't recall seeing magic like that before."

"We're looking through the eyes of my pet, who I left behind there."

"Don't you mean whom?"

"I'll slap you."

Lit smirked. "I'll enjoy it."

Allen scoffed.

Lock rolled his eyes, then continued to watch - and now listen.

"Out of the question," Merlin said sternly.

"It's that or no sword for you, you old fool," Morgan replied, smirking. "I want what's rightfully mine."

"The throne of Camelot cannot be yours forever, Morgan. As the fire elemental, you would have far too much power - power nobody should have."

"So you'd rather be made a slave to Teito?"

"That is not his true name, and you know it." Merlin sounded impatient. Arthur looked scared. "And there will be no new world. All he seeks is destruction. He is void."

"Either way," Morgan said, stretching her arms, "your options remain the same. You can kneel to him or be erased by him, or you can surrender the crown of Camelot."

"Why doesn't she just take it?" Lit asked. "She's supposed to be super strong, no? If that's the case, why doesn't she just take over?"

"If you shut up, we might find out," Lock replied. Allen smiled.

"That would be just as bad," Merlin said, now beginning to sound angry. "You've always been a wicked child. I will die before leaving Camelot in your hands."

The sorceress looked insulted at that. "Am I really so horrible that you would compare me to one you claim seeks only destruction?"

They studied each other for a moment; Master and apprentice once, but now equals.

"No," Merlin finally said. "I suppose that would be going too far, even if it is you I'm talking about."

Morgan smiled, looking hopeful.

"Still, I cannot give you Camelot." The old man gestured toward Arthur, who had been silent throughout the exchange. "The duty of ruling it falls to the once and future king, and that most certainly isn't you."