f o u r t e e n

ミ★
fourteen
❝motivated hands❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ミ★ fourteen❝motivated hands❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The room shifts in a sudden disposition of emotion. Terrible accident? Headmaster's news strikes a part of me that had been latent up until now— greed. I feel an immense overcoming of sheer greediness that I don't have the ability to revoke. Bitna's wellness had never been something that sparked emotion within me; I barely knew her. My only association is that I wanted a role that she had taken from me.

I scoff at myself. My first instinct is to feel greediness upon the despicable news? My heart sinks in my chest, and I whisk my thoughts away from me. What is wrong with me? Compassion should be what fills me, so I allow her in. How am I consciously controlling how I should feel? Something about the situation is not right, and it sits uncomfortably with me. My eyes scan around the room, and I can see that every student's face embodies a mutual expression— shock. Where is my shock?

"A-Accident?" A student speaks up from the front of the room.

Everyone shifts their gaze to the small student. I recognize her as one of Bitna's senior friends. Her face is pale and she can barely utter words as she proclaims aloud.

Headmaster Seokjin elaborates, "a few nights ago, Bitna took a very serious fall down the stairs outside the locker room. All the information we have at this time is that she is alive and breathing. Practice for the play will be postponed this week."

I expected whispers and low chaos to erupt, but everyone is quiet and still. When I look at Jimin, tears are rushing from his eyes, and he is trying to sniffle and wipe them away. I would consider it sobbing if I didn't know better. I swallow hard. Serious fall? My eyes roam around the room for Professor. His eyes are to the floor, and from my distant view of him, I can see as he releases a deep breath.

Professor's lean stature remains astute and commanding. Although he is doing nothing but merely existing in the room, the aura that follows him has transcended into the atmosphere. It's the aura that creates tension in my mind; the same aura that has encapsulated me, forcing my attention to latch on to him even now. I can't quite determine the feeling that overcomes me as I assess his facial expression and body language. It chills my backwooded thoughts.

He is guarded in his physical tellings, as always. What I do notice, however, are his eyes once they finally look up. They are somewhat poignant, jaded and yet I still have trouble deciphering what he is thinking.

My surveying comes to an end when the double doors to the left of me slam closed. I, along with other students around me, jump in a small surprise at the sound. When I glance over to the doors, I notice that Jimin is no longer beside me. Confusion strikes my face; I feel compelled to follow him.