n i n e

ミ★
nine
❝give backs and guilt❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ミ★ nine❝give backs and guilt❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It's Thursday as Jimin and I are sitting in the Dining Hall. The place is overflowing with students: the lines are crazy, the commotion is loud and tables are filled with a never ending abyss of colorful sweatshirts and different trays of food. The two of us are just a mix within the herd of hungry people; our table is off to the side, almost hidden and crammed next to several other tables.

Students are relentless and will steal chairs to over-populate their tables, so I have my bag set down to save the seat next to me for Jungkook. The gift from Professor Kim is packed away inside there, but unfortunately his office hours don't start for another few minutes, so I'm left to wait impatiently for my chance to give them back. My appetite is gone from my uneasiness, but I allow my mouth to bite into an apple nevertheless.

"I'm sure the film will show up somewhere," Jimin attempts at assurance. We have been discussing how drunk he was last week at the party, and I decided to jokingly blame him for my missing film. He was the last person I recollect having the camera.

"It doesn't really matter," I admit. "The photos I took of you were blurry. Jungkook was pretty upset about it. . . must be a film major thing."

Jimin's interest is peaked, "He was upset about it?"

"Yeah, he's just sensitive over my negligence for his craft."

I smile lightly at my assumption and take another bite of my apple. I have so much on my mind, yet the inability to do much about anything. Leaving lab today I felt buried in stress, and also recluse. My first priority should be getting on top of my work, but instead the pressure of these beautifully hand-made ballet shoes have been in the back of my mind.

"My audition's tomorrow," Jimin says calmly. It's a pretense; he is nervously moving around lettuce and tomatoes with his fork, not finding the stomach to eat any of his salad. I'm relieved that he's drinking water at least.

I give him a reassuring smile, "don't be nervous, please. You're an amazing performer and Loomis is lucky to have you."

"Aw," he gushes. "I just don't want them to pair me with Bi for the audition, you know? She's too. . . fierce for me."

"Bi?"

"Lee Bitna," he elaborates. "She's probably going to be Celeste. The Angel's first round of auditions was today."