Chapter 4

The hooded figure

I'd wake up in a slight panic every night at a certain time. It was either 12 or 3 but I wouldn't know. The moonlight would slightly shine in but not really it was more pitch black then light. In the black of the night a shadow would appear on my wall in the shape of the tree that was by my window behind my bed. The wall just in front of my bed would often take shape of the shadow because of the light that sifted in slightly. It'd get darker and darker on that spot and I'd hear the tree behind my window rustling in the wind. It'd get so dark that eventually I'd see a figure standing there and watching me. It'd either appear there or on my ceiling and it'd try to approach me but never got too close. I often stared at it until I fell asleep again. I could not speak to it for it would not let me and I could not move in it's presence. It just stood there or hovered on the ceiling above my head watching me. Waiting for something. I would never see its face as it was too dark. A hood concealing it as though it were in a cloak. It did not harm me but it did make me wonder what it was. After two years of seeing it visit me in my dream like state it disappeared never to be seen again. That was after I told it to find peace mentally as it would not allow me to open my mouth and since then I haven't seen that tall dark shadow like figure.