Target Practice

Word Count
3,333

Tags
Fluffy
Dean is a little dominant
Castiel submits to the hunter's hands.

Summary
Season 15 Coda. Dean takes Castiel down into the firing range.
_______________________________

Dean shuffles his feet around, knocking his toes into the concrete and wincing once or twice.

Castiel surmised that the hunter wouldn't notice an extra pair of feet also scraping across the floor as he tries to be discrete.

When Castiel walked in, he doesn't let his presence be known yet, he watches, though from this angle he's mostly watching Dean's shoulders move under his loose-fitting shirt and his muscles sink into the burgundy red then the Winchester pulls back and they pop out.

Dean's changing out the magazine as he forcefully jams the new one inside the slot, pulling downward to ensure it's fully seated. He clasps his non-firing hand at the top slide, grasping, and pulling back sharply until he releases and...

*click. The slide snaps forward. Dean lets out a sigh, laying the loaded gun in-front of him on the concrete counter.

"What is this?" Finally, the angel speaks, starting with a question.

"Target practice, something you and your angel warrior buddies would know nothing about." Dean doesn't turn around, he's teasing with a slight tint of annoyance in his tone, staring down at his own reflection in the shiny hand gun.

And soon there were two faces as Castiel begins to step closer, until his chest is pressed into the hunter's arm.

Dean doesn't flinch, understanding the angel wanted to get a closer look.

"That's why I brought you down here—"

"You didn't." Castiel interrupts.

"I knew you'd follow me."

Of course Dean knew, most of the time Castiel walked around the bunker aimlessly, feeling like he lacked purpose, he's always lost and confused, searching. It was written all over his face—all of the time.

The Castiel who once felt like he could be easily looked over in a crowd, using that to his advantage to tuck under the radar, the angel who could cloak himself around anyone and listen into juicy little tidbits of conversation suddenly felt... exposed.

"I did follow you." Castiel confirms, feeling a hot tingling sensation behind his ears and then his cheeks are flushing pink.

The vessel blushes, sapphire peering over the gun, and soon Dean's reflection to gaze indirectly into his eyes.

Dean's eyes narrow in the reflection and then the gaze is ripped away
as he takes the gun off the concrete counter and points it at the target.

"End of the world, Cas."

"Quite possibly, yes." Castiel meets Dean halfway with that reply, not agreeing or disagreeing, instead he's hanging on to that edge of hope that the world he loves so dearly could still be saved.