29

~real life~

Worry. That's the only emotion Sabrina was feeling as she drove to Harvey's place. She knew he didn't invite her over to just hang out, something was wrong. She knew it by the way he had texted her, ending the text with a period and not calling her "babe" or any other name. She knew it by the way he texted "can we talk." She knew it by the feeling in her gut.

Her car came to a silent stop as she shifted into park. Sabrina's hands tightly gripped the steering wheel as she stared ahead, gnawing on her lip. Her legs refused to take her out of the car, and her foot tapped the floor. Taking a deep breathing and-maybe-lightly hitting her head against the steering wheel a few times, she got up and out of the car. Sabrina thought maybe she was just overreacting, but her relationship with Harvey was the best thing that happened to her ever since Chase cheated, she knew when it was going downhill.

After knocking on his door and greeting each other with a kiss like usual, they were sitting on a couch in Harvey's living room. Sabrina tried to act normal, but she felt like his eyes could see right through her calm exterior. After clearing her throat, she spoke, "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"We-we've been dating for a long time now, and I love you," Sabrina froze, the L word. They'd said it only once before after sharing a romantic evening. They'd both meant it, but didn't say it on the regular; and hearing it leave his lips once again gave her butterflies. This conversation seemed like it was going in the right direction, why had she been so worried? "but, I noticed you've been different lately."

Sabrina frowned and hesitated, "What do you mean?"

Harvey swallowed before looking her in the eye, working up the courage to get to the point he was trying to make, "I asked you to be my girlfriend, right, that day with the roses and everything. Things were going good, we posted eachother and made it social media official, then we started working on Personal together, but it was the day we dropped the song that you started being... distant. What happened?"

Thinking back to that day, she tried her best to remember...

~flashback~
PRIVATE MESSAGE
chase🥺 [chase]
sabrina [sabrina]

sabrina
Hey
I miss you.

[delete message?]
yes no
yes   no
[message sent.]

chase🥺
I'm so glad you texted me
I miss you so much
I messed up
I should've told
you the truth about what
happened with Riley.

sabrina
well we can't do anything
about it now
If we got back together she'll
expose whatever she has on Mads

chase🥺
can you talk to Mads?
Ask her if she can fix this
mess and talk to her sister

sabrina
Me and Mads stopped talking
I mean she didn't even reach out
to me after Riley kissed you

chase🥺
Brina it's cause she feels guilty
None of this would have happened
if Riley didn't have that blackmail
on her
I think I know what it is and it's
pretty bad

sabrina
I can't believe Riley is
blackmailing her own sister
shes evil and should be exposed

chase🥺
I have a plan to expose her
I don't know if it'll work
but we should at least try