Diving Deep

I feel like I'm drowning. I'm underwater holding my breath, swimming for the surface. The scuba tank I have is broken. I keep trying to fix it but with no avail. Every time I think I might have actually found a remedy, I reach for the mask and breath in, hoping for air, but only to my disappointment receive water.

It Fills my lungs and further drowns me. What irony, what torture, to know that with me I have the very air i need, but no way to access it. Yet I try, over and over, with no avail. Feeling my conscious fade, and seeing the darkness start to come in, I put the mask down and try to look upward. I start to swim again. I'm so close to the surface, but so far. The urge to breath is overwhelming, my chest feels like it's going to explode. I can see the surface, I can visualize breaking through. I can almost feel the air to come, but as I move up i notice the it seems to do the same.

Soon I realize I'm chasing it, it's actually rising! I don't know what the hell is going on, but not long after I lose hope. I look to my scuba tank again, I grasp it. Oh how I need what is inside, but can not obtain. I cup the mask one last time, try to plug the holes, I breath in.. FINALLY a little air comes through, just enough to keep me awake. But as I look up again; at my dismay I realize; I'm back where I started.