soulmate pt II

A/N: originally, i decided against adding a face claim when it came down to the person you're engaged to because ultimately, this is about you + normani only. but, i couldn't pass up adding more drama to this story lol. i hope y'all enjoy this next part of soulmate 💜

★ ⌒ ☆

Two months have passed since Normani's impromptu visit to your house, and it was also the last time you two have spoken.

Even though it explains the sudden rush of emotions you get when you're around her, Normani's revelation terrified you. You didn't want to push her out of your personal life, but in the end, that's exactly what you did.

Being away from her hurts you more than you want to admit, but you couldn't allow yourself to dwell on it too much. After all, you've already chosen the person you wanted to spend your life with. So planning this wedding with your fiancee should be an exciting moment.

But damn, you felt so fucking miserable.

"Earth to Y/N..." A hand is waved over your face, and you blink, turning your head to see your soon-to-be wife, Justine, staring at you with both concern and mild curiosity. Her eyebrows furrow as she touches your forearm, her other hand pressing delicately against your forehead.

 Her eyebrows furrow as she touches your forearm, her other hand pressing delicately against your forehead

"Baby, are you good? You look like you're about to puke."

You swallow thickly and nod your head, your eyes darting quickly around the empty chapel before settling themselves on your girlfriend's worried mocha browns. To soothe her, you take her hand, lacing your fingers through hers as you press a gentle kiss to the back of her hand. As you do so, both of your extravagant engagement rings glint happily against the bright lighting in the room.

"Just marriage jitters," You say softly, a small smile on your face. You can tell from her gaze that she knows that you're keeping something from her, but she doesn't comment on it, instead tilting her head up to press a kiss to your lips. The action makes your stomach flutter lightly, but it's nothing compared to the swarm of butterflies Normani gave you when you kissed her in your office.

"It is kind of wild that we're getting married in a couple of months." She teases, and you can't help the genuine smile that graces your features when she wraps her arms around your waist and grins childishly up at you. "How lucky am I to spend the rest of my life with my best friend?"

Your chest pangs with guilt, but you try your best to ignore the uncomfortable feeling as you wrap your arms tightly around her shoulders. "You like the place?" You ask, changing the subject completely, and Justine hums in approval as she turns her head to look around the chapel once more.