CHAPER 28: LOST

Okay, I love this chapter. Probably one of my favorites. (Maybe after chapter 30 which will be coming out soon don't you worry.)

______________________________________

"They always know your worth when it's too late."

― Nitya Prakash

______________________________________

HELENE WAS EXACTLY twenty minutes late. But no biggy right? She was only fashionably late.

Get it?

At least that's what she kept telling herself every time she went down one step.

"Not late. Nope. Not at all." She muttered as she stomped towards the hall. "Just a little late. That's it."

"Helene?" A male voice interrupted her from her thoughts and she looked up.

She froze, and looked Legion up and down. "Ah. Legion. Uh...hi."

He raised his eyebrows. "You're late."

Helene stared at his face. Was it just her or did he look extra good tonight? No, scratch that. He looked good every night. Not that she was only interested in him only at night-wait. She wasn't interested in him at all right? She wasn't.

"I'm not. I'm not. I'm not. I'm not..." she muttered under her breath and cleared her throat.

Legion frowned. "Er-Helene? Are you okay?"

"Dandy!" she smiled like she'd just seen heaven and mentaly smacked herself.

Since when did she say dandy?

He nodded, and he offered her his arm, "Shall we?"

"We shall." And together, they made their way down the stairs and into the ballroom, which was glowing by all sorts of disco balls and colorful lights. People looked up from their dancing at the prince of Belwick and Helene of Nothing walk down the steps and into the light crowd.

Helene of Nothing. She liked that.

Cas watched from the corner where Brenna was constantly talking to him. He offered Helene a small smile and then turned back to Brenna. Helene was beginning to sweat.

Legion is right beside you. Keep the sweating to a minimum. She told herself.

How the hell was she supposed to keep her sweating to a minimum? The very thought was making her sweat even more.

"Looks like you need a little help," Cas whispered into her ear. "Want to dance?"

Helene glanced a little up at Legion who was laughing at one of Brenna's jokes. "Yes, please. I think I'm going to melt. Like an ice cube. A very very sweaty ice cube."

"This ball is making you very girly," Cas smirked, his dimples deepening.

Hmmm his dimples...

Helene's eyes widened. "My hormones. There is something wrong with them and I think I need to see a doctor."

She lead Cas to the dance floor, holding his hand in an iron grip.

"It would be nice if you would stop squeezing my hand so hard." Cas muttered as he placed his hands on her waist and she wrapped hers around his neck.

"Sorry," she whispered, wincing slightly. "I'm nervous."

Cas raised an amused eyebrow and said, "Why are you nervous?"