CHAPTER 43: STRONGER

EMERGENCY!

Book 2 is up and is waiting for you to check it out!!! Chapter 1 posted at the end!

________________________________________________

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

_________________________________________________

THE WORLD SEEMED to stop moving for exactly five seconds before Grave's voice echoed loudly into the microphone, making her snap out of her daze.

"Alec's execution is next. Guards-as we rehearsed."

Before the guards began to move, Helene was running towards Legion, and stopped before him.

"You're alive," She breathed.

He nodded, "It's kind of impossible to kill me."

"Wha-how?"

Legion shrugged, "Does it matter? Just-are you okay?"

"Am I okay? I should be the one asking you. God knows where you were locked up for so long, making me and all of us think you were dead. Do you have any idea what happened when they showed me your body-"

"My what?" Legion frowned. "My body?"

Helene waved his comment away, "Probably a shape shifter or that stupid copycat."

"The what?" He asked, confused.

It was kind of adorable.

She engulfed him into a tight hug, "You're alive. You're alive."

"Yes, I like to keep all my limbs attached."

"Enough chit chat!" Grave called.

Helene glared at him, moving away from Legion, "Seriously Grave. Killing Alec won't get you anywhere. You think it's going to make you feel better? Well it won't. Revenge doesn't do anything. It doesn't!"

"So? Since when were you a pro at revenge?"

Helene snarled, throwing all her venom in her words, "I have done enough to know how it feels. And trust me, it gets you nowhere. So stop wasting your time and do something. How do you feel, huh? Your so called loving father taking control of everything, making sure you are distracted with small little things like the execution of your father. Me. Legion. But while you be his dog, he's going around preparing for something greater. Everyone in this room knows that you were built for something else. You're not a fighter. You're made for something else and that's your job to find out what you're made for. So stop this madness and maybe go see what your lovely father is planning! God! Get a brain!"

Grave looked like he was going to walk down and choke her to death right there and then, in front of all those cameras.

Helene paused.

All those cameras were live. Shit. Shit. Everyone in the entire world had just heard her say all of that and were probably laughing, looking at her as a bigger of a joke.

"Guards," He barked.

Helene looked to Legion who smiled at her encouragingly.

Mind control them.

Legion eyed her and shook his head.

Why not? Talk to me.

Legion shook his head once again, hardly noticeable. He looked down trying to show her with his eyes. Around his wrists were two silver bracelets, glowing blue. Helene frowned.