Ch 1.

Senior year at Derry Senior High should have been a dream for you. It was the last year you had to be trapped in this hell-hole of a city, and the last year you'd have to spend with Richie "Trashmouth" Tozier. Ever since you and the other Losers had a falling out, things haven't been the same. Bill is too far up Beverly's ass to notice she doesn't want anything to do with him and Ben is hopelessly chasing after her. You and Richie hate each other after one small argument about god knows what; now anything he has to say to you is either an insult or making fun of your looks in a pervy way. Eddie usually sticks around Richie when he's allowed out of his house. Stanley and Mike are the only Losers to have stuck around. Low and behold, Bill still tries to get the group to hang out together by some miracle. You don't necessarily hate anyone else in the club, but you knew one thing for sure: you hated Richie Tozier. 

It was September and the leaves had just begun to crisp and fall to the ground, reminding your hazy mind of four summers ago. You missed the closeness of the group and how much of a close friendship you had with everyone, not just Stanley and Mike. Believe it or not, you and Richie had been best friends at one point. When the group initially argued and split, you'd followed Richie and Stan to the arcade that day. After that, it was one dumb argument between you and Richie that ruined everything. Mostly, you've just grown tired of him making overtly sexual remarks about you and your body, what he'd do to you, and situations he'd put you in. Initially, Stanley found it weird and defended you, but that ended as fast as it started. 

All things aside, you walked into the school with Stan as you compared schedules.

"I have AP bio first period, did you even sign up for that class? I mostly signed up because I heard at the end of the year you get to build-" Stanley chattered before you cut him off. 

"Birdhouses, yes I know. And for your information, no, I did not sign up for a college-level class. I'm not that smart, you and I both know that. Now, when do you have English? And Lunch?" Stan pulled the wrinkled paper out of his back pocket to scan his schedule once more.

"I'm pretty sure all seniors have the same lunch, but my English is my 1:55 class," he retorts. Just as he said that you see Bill, Beverly, and Ben start jogging across the street to catch up with you and Stan. 

"So how is everyone's schedule looking?" Beverly states happily. Bill was still behind her trying to muster up the courage to grab her hand as she put herself between you and Stan on the walkway, effectively shutting him down. You continued your usual chatter until you reached the stone stairs before the school, then split your ways to go to your respective classes.

Calculus was your first class, and to your knowledge, none of your 'friends' were in it. You walk in to meet the stout male teacher at his desk with a line of students lined up to get their seats. You went to the back of the line and waited to reach him, fiddling with a hair tie on your wrist. As you turn to go to your assigned seat three rows back, you see him. Richie.