Chapter 1

INT. - BEDROOM - DAY - MOVING

We see a bedroom inhabited by Chloe sitting at a desk along with Jenna laying face up on her bed as she studies the pages in her hands intensely and mutters her lines to herself, phone idle before it rings. We cut to an anxious red faced Jeremy staring at his phone, biting his nails and trailing with his hands.

JEREMY

C-C-Cmon, c-c-cmon, pick up.

A few moments pass as the phone stay silent. Jeremy seems a bit agitated now.

JEREMY

(A bit forcefully) C-C-Cmon, c-c-cmon, pick up!

JENNA

(Finally notices her phone ringing and picks it up, pleasantly surprised by her caller ID) Oh, Jeremy Heere calling! (Looks back at the overly highlighted script in her hands, warry) Jeremy Heere calling... (Looks at his contact photo and sighs, smiling fondly) Jeremy Heere calling. (Answers phone) Hey, so listen, the play is in two weeks and I am still struggling to remember my lines and I refuse to disappoint a blessing like Christine, so unless your Squip is back or something just as important-.

JEREMY

I have a crush.

JENNA

(Flings the script to the side immediately) Never mind, this is the most important thing in my entire life. Who is it? And don't say Christine because I'm well aware of how much you love your girlfriend. We all are. You literally haven't shut up about her since the ecstasy incident.

JEREMY

Well, do you promise not to tell?

JENNA

Absolutely not.

JEREMY

(Throws his hand up, clearly frustrated and offended) Jenna!

JENNA

(On the offence) Alright, alright, fine! Your secret's safe with me.

JEREMY

Cool, 'cause it's Jake.

CHLOE

(Picking at her nails) Hey, who ya talkin' to?

JENNA

(Nonchalant) Jeremy, he says he's got a crush on Jake.

JEREMY

(Dead inside) Why must you betray me like this, Jenna?

JENNA

Wha- (Looks back at Chloe) Aw, c'mon, Chloe doesn't count.

JEREMY

Literally why wouldn't sh- (Pauses before sighing in defeat, clearly tired of Jenna's nonsense) You know what, forget it. Can you just...(Hushed as he hunches over, eyes darting back and forth) you know?

CHLOE

(Peers over Jenna's shoulder) What, what's he saying?

JENNA

I think he wants me to tell Jake for him.

JEREMY

You know, you might as well put me on speaker if you're gonna broadcast everything I say to the whole world.