CHAPTER 8

ANIYAH POV

"Whats wrong?" Jason asked once we finally made it back to the pack home.

After speaking with Jess on the phone, I couldn't stop thinking about her and what she must be going through.

I tried to keep a straight face around Jason but it was almost impossible. He could always find a way to read me.

"Um nothing." I tried to put on a reassuring smile.

"Dont lie to me." He looked me dead in my eyes.

"Its just..my friend. Her mother passed away and I know how she must feel. My mother and I are flying to Philadelphia to go to the funeral the day after tomorrow."

"Oh. Im sorry to hear that."

"Yeah. Its just a difficult time I would say."

"Yeah. So when are we booking the flights?"

"We?" I questioned.

"Do you think Im going to let my mate go somewhere unattended?" He took a seat at the kitchen counter and pulled me onto his lap.

"Im not shocked." I pretended to be astonished. "So who will come with you?"

"Hm? Maybe Maya?"

"Nope. It will be a day in hell before she comes. She might make me train on the plane or something." I laughed.
"Brent?"

"Nope, how about-"

"Hey is there any food cooked, Im hungry." Zeiden walked in and opened up the refrigerator.

"Zeiden." I choose.

"Zeiden?" Jason frowned.

"Zeiden?" Zeiden pointed to his self, unsure as to why his name came up.

"Yes." I flicked Jason's nose with my index finger.

"Not even AJ?"

"Nope. Zeiden is coming."

"Umm.. Where is Zeiden going might I ask?" Zeiden leaned against the counter and took a sip of his soda.

"You are attending Jason and I on a small trip to Philadelphia."

"What? Oh No, Im fine right here."

"See, he's fine right here." Jason cut in.

"If Zeiden does not attend, neither does you."

Jason frowned at my threat. I could see him mentally battling with himself, trying to not to blow up.

"Fine." He looked to Zeiden. "Zeiden. You're going."

"Hold up. Dont I have a say so in this?" Zeiden asked.

"Nope." Jason kissed me on my forehead and walked out, leaving me successful and Zeiden confused.

************

"Bags packed? Check. Tickets? Check. Oh I hope I dont forget anything." I whined to myself.

Every time I decide to go anywhere, there was always that one thing I forgot. I wonder what its going to be this time.

"Aniyah! Jason is outside." My mom yelled up the stairs.

"Okay."

I picked up my bags and my phone and ran downstairs and out the front door. Outside was Jason, Zeiden, and Keira. Jason was helping my mother put her bags in the trunk and Keira was waiting patiently in the driver seat, waiting to drive us to the airport.