Chapter 1

It was a rather chilly morning when Rina Akamine found herself walking to school for their second semester, even wearing her new uniform for the colder weather. Her dark navy hair settled nicely onto the shoulders of the uniform, at least helping the back of her neck warmer. She was simply thankful that it wasn't unbearably cold yet, as it was only fall, and found herself occasionally smiling as she walked. Things had been looking up for Rina, having two best friends and spending nearly every day with your crush tended to put you in a good mindset. She wasn't surprised when she heard a voice call out from behind her.

"R-R-Rina!" The voice said.

Rina turned around to see Suzu Hirabayashi, one of her best friends, walking behind her.

Suzu's green bobbed hair peered over Rina's shoulder along with her head to be closer to her face, her red glasses shining in what sunlight there was.

"Hey, Suzu." Rina said, "What's up?"

"I was just th-thinking about how cute you look in your w-w-winter uniform!" Suzu said, her face turning a bit pink.

"It doesn't look that much different." Rina said, looking at her sleeves, "And you have one too!"

Rina looked Suzu up and down, she was wearing the same uniform, though she had a jacket on over it as well.

"But I don't m-m-make it look as good as you do!" Suzu said, "It makes me w-w-want to just grab you and-" Suzu was cut off by Rina.

"I think you look good in it, too." Rina said, "Give yourself some credit."

Suzu wiggles her hips and rubbed her cheeks.

"You're so k-kind, Rina." She said, "I wonder what M-M-Masaru will think of how we look."

Rina's face began to heat up from the thought, she secretly hoped he would say something to compliment her, but she knew him well enough not to count on it. As they approached the school entrance, neither of them were surprised to see Katsuo Okazaki waiting for them. His uniform jacket was closed, but he still had the sleeves rolled up like he did before.

"Hey." He said roughly, looking them both up and down, "It's weird seeing you two in different uniforms."

"I hope you mean weird in a good way." Rina said as she walked by him, suddenly feeling a bit self conscious.

"I don't really mean it in any way, I guess." Katsuo replied, pushing himself off of the wall and following Rina alongside Suzu, "It's just different."

"Mhm." Rina made a dismissive noise, "What'd you do over the break?"

"Nothing, really." He said, not surprising Rina, "I did stop by the club room at one point, just to see if anyone was around."

"Were they?" Rina asked, looking back at him for a moment.

"Yeah, Suzu was." Katsuo said casually.

"Suzu, you've been going to the club on your time off?" Rina asked, raising an eyebrow.

"W-well yeah! It'd get too messy if I left it over the entire b-b-break." Suzu said, "And besides, it smells like y-you and Masaru, so it's like you're there w-w-with me."

Rina groaned as Suzu rubbed her thighs together, and Katsuo let out a small chuckle.

"Watching you two interact is always entertaining." He said.

"Well, at least someone's getting some enjoyment out of it." Rina said sarcastically, prompting a disappointing sound from Suzu.

It wasn't too long after when the three of them reached Suzu and Rina's classroom, and stopped in front of the door.