Worthless Pride

Akira (Mitsuki Hayato)'s POV

I was such a fool. I was only focused on myself that I never realized what was happening with my surroundings.

"Who could do the paperwork that is assigned to the council president?"

"The vice-president,of course.Who else?" 

After that day I was transported back to the normal world.

I went straight to the Student council room to know the truth. Whether Yukino was doing my work or not.

She was there, talking with the Secretary before she saw me and immediately stopped their conversation and went back to their seats.

She immediately started working on the paperwork after when our eyes met.She had a hint of surprise in her eyes.

I quietly sat on my seat and tried to ask the secretary about my workload.

"Do I have any work to do?"

The asked person was surprised as his face went pale.

I could also see her looking up in surprise from the corner of my eye.

"N-no president! You can just study here as usual"he answered awkwardly.

I became irritated by his awkward tone.

"You're also doing your work as well.But I'm the president and I have nothing to do?"

Then he immediately looked over her direction for help.

"I took your work".

As if on cue she cut me off by taking the blame to herself.

I wanted to ask her what she was trying to achieve by doing this.

"I was bored", she replied coldly.

And something inside me just snapped. I felt like I was tricked into believing something and all my achievements became worthless.

I wanted to know why she would waste her time on someone else's work instead of spending them for herself.

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

I said while calming myself in order to not show my anger.

She then had a determined expression as she looked straight into my eyes.

"Three years have passed.Why bother asking now?"

I wonder if it was because of my bottled-up emotions or my anxiety since she never looked at me in the eye before, I lashed out my anger on her.

"Mind your own business"

I couldn't believe the words that went out of my mouth.

I wanted to apologise but after seeing her face I felt anxious.

Her face looked crestfallen as if she was broken. She then opened the door with force and ran out of the room.

The secretary also had a stunned expression drawn over a pale face.

After a while,I weakly stepped out of the room slowly making my way to the classroom as I saw her silhouette running out of the school building.

Other classmates were talking and enjoying their time but only I was out of place as I sat there motionless thinking,

Why did I say those things?

This wasn't supposed to be like this.

Until Hiyori-san came in requesting to take Yukino's bags as she was not "feeling well".

She packed Yukino's stuff in a hurry but locked eyes with me as she was about to leave.She immediately showed a resentful look to me as she walked out of the classroom.

Yukino must not have said things about the argument so she must have assumed that it was my doing.

Not that she's wrong though.

Classes continued and the room was filled with the voices of the students and the teacher but none of those was able to enter my mind.

I went home with a heavy heart and as soon as I went into the living room I met my father.

"How was school?"he asked.

"Normal"

I wanted to go straight to my room but my father started to talk to me.

"We didn't sent you to school to be normal!You have to be more successful and achieve more than they can.School is nothing but a competition.You must not let anyone get ahead of you.Don't be distracted by things called friendship or love.We didn't give birth to you for this"

"Yes"

I try to ignore those words as I went my room.

It has always been like this.My father and mother are both well-known professors and they don't love each other as they met through an arranged marriage.

And the result?

As you can see, they became so hungry for success of their offspring. Hoping to achieve what they couldn't by using me.

Emotions are for the weak.Being lazy and wasting your time is unacceptable and everyone is an enemy.This was their every conversation.

"You must not let anyone get ahead of you"

Maybe because of those words drilled into my head for years that I unconsciously saw Yukino's actions as a threat.

All because of a so-called competition,all because of their greed.

What am I thinking blaming other people for this?It was all me who thought of all this.

I felt useless as a person who had to rely on someone he love for his unfinished duties.I felt ashamed of myself.

It was all because of my useless pride that you got hurt....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note

I'm surprised by the fact that there are people who actually read this T-T.

Unfortunately,this was just a fun story I thought of during my high school years writing of my own story(minus the fantasy part ofc)

Thus I don't have the same imagination as the me writing this :(

So I won't be finishing this since I don't want to ruin the past me's creative work.

But this story will always be a great memory to look back to my naive self thinking of my crush.

I really enjoy reading the comments too😂Thank you for your kind words❤️

I wish the best for everyone who read this to work out with their first love or current love or strong enough to live independently while focusing on themselves💜