|'6'|

William and I, once again, is walking down the hallways of this castle-like academy after the nameless girl told us that his mother is looking for him. We managed to somehow get the papers along the way while we proceed to go to his mother's office.

Now that I think about it, I have been curious of this school's history and how it is made. I may be doubting about magical powers still, however, I feel like it will rotate 360 degrees if it is legit. Perhaps seeing it eye to eye will make the skepticism vanish. Because my aunt and his mother are standing at the gates when we arrived and acted as if there is nothing to worry for.

Or maybe, they've act that way to assure me. Or this whole thing could be a fake.

But see, I have no right to complain right now. If I believe it or not, I still have to enroll to this school and I haven't found any cameras around nor felt someone else's presence aside us two. That is suspicious because it is just us. Or maybe, it's the fact that I am relying on my eyes.

Wait, what has gotten into me? Clearly I haven't done this in ages since..

That day.

"We're here." I snapped back to realization when William spoke. In front of us is a big, mahogany door with cluster flowers blooming on the sides. The gold-like straight ledge handle stood in contrast against the dark brown color of the background, causing it to stand out. William used that and slid the door open, that is new. Haven't seen that one before.

As he slid, I felt a pressuring roar coming from within the room. We both entered and he slid it back to the way it was, again it didn't fail to amaze me. "Alexis, am I right?" "Yes, ma'am." Perhaps I've replied too formally that I notice the corners of her lips turn upwards, and I felt anxious all of a sudden.

"Calm down, Alex. She won't hurt you." William whispered. I looked at him, "I'm not tense, really." I lied. Was I too clear that even he saw through me? "Liar." He mumbled, enough to let me hear. Oh, I know he let me hear that on purpose. This...

"Douglas, may I ask if you have the ability to see the death of others?" Ma'am asked. I looked at her with an uneasy look. I want her to see that I am not alright of being asked by a question like that. "Yes, ma'am." Honestly, is this school legit?

"I see." Her eyes turned a bit menacing and cold. I've made a terrible mistake making myself open about letting her see me being uneasy. Was I too stupid to make myself open and complain? 

Or perhaps I am stupid as I always am?

Ugh, whatever.

"Ma'am, if it does not trouble you for me to ask something that is relevant to the thoughts I am confused of, may I do so?" I asked. I am confused by the scenarios that have been occurring around me, and I need answers as quickly as possible as I do not want to confuse myself nor stress myself any further.

She stared at me for a few seconds, how I wished that my anxiety hasn't been seen now as it would greatly foist me to holler out my embarrassment and reasons. After a few seconds of observing me, she finally answered, "Go ahead."

Talk about a predator waiting for the prey to lower their guard and be eaten.