Searching for Humans

Author: RylieNichole

Genre/s: Action, sci-fi, future

Target age group: 13-18

 Fanfiction: This is not a Fanfiction 

Description: This is many years into the future, set in France, when the human population has gone extinct. The world needed a superior intelligence, so the average house cat stepped up. After many centuries of the cat's mind advancing, making their own buildings, inventing their own gadgets, and fixing the Earth, it seems all the Chaos humans left behind has died down. That is until Rainlson, a tortoise shell tabby cat, find a human. Have humans returned? Will they regain control over cats? It seems like everything is balanced on a thread!

Many years into the future, the world has crumbled. The human race has slowly belittled itself from many decades of their mistakes, and life choices. In the beginning it was small, minor wars, arguments, and religious choices. But then it grew. People who were considered sick to others, became more popular till it was the norm to like the same gender as yourself, or become the opposite yourself. Less and less babies were born, and over time the human race had become small. Then the government, made a choice to which they thought would solve the problem, no one could get married. And so with love being banned, people grew distant till the government made one final mistake that would be the fatal flaw of the human race. War raged out, every man or woman for themselves. It was ruthless, and raged on for many many years. Till finally it seemed no one was left.

But that was centuries ago. With the human race gone, the world prospered. But the creatures that still existed needed an animal to step in the place the humans had left. They needed a superior intelligence. And that place was filled by no other than the common house cat.

Rainlson was on a tireless hike through the pine forest. His petit paws clawed at the dirt as he pulled himself rock over rock. His blue eyes took in the scenery around him with utter most pleasure. It was such a beautiful place, a place he would rather like to hunt or go fishing in. The birds were chirping cheerfully with a melodic tune he could not join in, as the song changed every few seconds.

He slipped and fell backwards as the hill was steep, and he was small. He managed to catch himself only a couple feet down, gathered himself, brushed off the dirt, and continued to climb.

The cat had a turtle shell silver coat with a white belly and legs. His under chin had a small grey blob that looked like a raindrop, but other than that it was white. He had a long skinny tail that helped keep his balance. He had short whiskers that twitched as he looked around curiously through the pine and sage.

He got higher up the hill till it finally was flat. He paused to take a break, the climb was tiring for the small housecat after all. His long pointed ears and long legs made him look bigger amongst other cat however. Rainlson looked around from uptop the hill. He could see the whole valley in which he lived, about two miles away. He hadn't even realized he walked so far.

He stretched out all his sore muscles and yawned. He looked to the other side of the valley and saw a figure. It didn't look anything like a creature he had seen before. It was tall and slender, standing on two legs with a flat face. Rainlson tried to get a better look, but found himself tumbling down the hill. It was a dry, dirt covered hill, holding nothing worthy of grabbing onto. He felt small bits of rock snag at his fur as he fell to the base of the hill. The cat lay there for a few seconds to gayther his mind.

Rainlson finally stood up and saw that the figure was running away. Now that he was closer, in the few seconds it was their, he could see the figure in full detail. It was tan with long black hair coming from the very top of its head. It had arms and legs from that of a monkey. It was rather skinny and curved, having hands with long slender fingers.